Chapter 16

A soft finger lightly tucked the hair on your face behind your ear, so soft that it couldn't completely get you out of your sleep. You groaned slightly, rubbing your head to be more comfortable on Harry's neck. Harry, who has been awake the past moments, letting his body work as a pillow for you, grinned. 

Hermione was still sleeping on her mattress, her eyes occasionally opening to search the tent, in hopes to find everything in one piece. But once she rested her eyes on Ron's sleeping figure, her body relaxed again. 

Harry's cheeks burned as he allowed himself to breathe, making it more comfortable for both parties to relax as his shoulders fell in a musical rhythm. You looked like an angel when you sleep, he thought, feeling like he was staring at the world's most beautiful statue ever crafted with the finest hands ever made. The way your face rested without a drop of worry or tension made him catch his breath. He engraved this intimate moment in his mind, taking time to admire the strands of hair that framed the arch of your eyebrows. 

Ron, on the other side of the tent, started to groan louder and louder with every breath. So much so, that he eventually woke up everyone in the tent. Hermione was the first to his aid, her sleepy eyes fighting to stay open as she stood beside him. 

You blinked a couple of times, taking in your surroundings before a chill went through the tent, summoning the evening of a tiring day. Your head was resting on... Harry. As soon as you realized it was him, your whole face turned red. "I am so sorry Harry..."

"Don't be," Harry interrupted, color on his neck that matched the burgundy on your face. "We should sleep like that more often." He smirked at your reaction as he got up, groaning from cracking his back. While he pretended that his heart wasn't yelping for joy, he walked towards Ron. 

You were flustered that no witty response was able to leave from your mouth in time. Your clothes were printed with Harry's scent and for a moment, you closed your eyes to collect yourself. You slept on Harry's shoulder, the whole entire night, yet he did not say anything about it. He even suggested to sleep like that often. That jokester. 

"Why are you smiling, Y/n?" Ron asked, craning his neck towards you. "Are you seriously taking pleasure in seeing me like this?" His head fell back on his pillow with a dramatic thump.

You licked your lips to hide the big smile that you did not even realize was there. You walked over to the crowd, trying so hard to ignore Harry's smirk. But, like always, your eyes took in all of Harry and you smiled back. You looked at the ground again, feeling your insides churning at just a simple shared smile but you knew deep down, that paragraphs were shared in that moment.

"Are you alright, Ron?" Hermione went back to her worrying state as she held Ron's hand. "How are you feeling?" 

Ron tilted his head towards Hermione, his eyebrows raised as his eyes connected with hers. "I feel better, Hermione, I do...but it still hurts." He frowned, suspiciously scooting in the bed closer to Hermione, letting his pain be soothed by her touch. 

She pursed her lips, still holding Ron's hand. She glanced around the tent, locked eyes with Harry and ordered: "Go to the forest and collect some natural fruit and berries. We can not risk any unwanted attention with magic."

Harry hummed his reply and was already heading outside of the tent when you offered to go as well. 

"No, you don't have to go-" Harry started, his cotton sweater rolling up his forearms as he placed his hands on the chair. 

Your eyes landed on his arms, the way the sweater seemed to stretch across his body at any simple movement. "Um... I could go, I don't mind going." You rushed the last part of your sentence, feeling your heart beat faster as Harry gripped the chair to set it back under the table. His fingers wrapped around the back of the chair, his eyes never leaving you as he noticed how you were eyeballing him.