Chapter 14

"Good afternoon, Angela."

You froze in the elevator, your finger stuck in the position of pressing the button. You figured he was talking to you since there was no one else here. "Good morning..."

He was holding a briefcase sternly, really close to his body. You studied him for a quick second and had the premonition that he was concerned. "Is everything alright?" You hoped that asking that was not out of character but the man was practically shaking with worry. You clutched your hands nervously in front of you, your fingers tugging at every fold and crease on your palms.

He shook his head which was followed by a shaky sigh. "One of my closest friends is being tried today. She is.." He looked at all of the corners of the elevator, his eyes almost popping out of his head. "She is a Muggle-born and is at risk at being dismissed." His voice started to break and you heard the true pain he was in.

You frowned. "I'm so sorry to hear about this. The ministry can't possibly send someone to Azkaban just for their blood status."

"But it has happened before Angela. I am worried because her son is at Hogwarts and it is hell. He has been tortured by the new security at the school which has made his body brittle and he can't even leave because Headmaster Snape won't let them. Her husband... her husband is trying his best to keep it together." He sucked at his lips, his eyes watering. "He cries at his office everyday and I pretend not to notice but I can't." Tears were spilling from the corners of his eyes that you felt your throat itch with the same notion of wanting to cry.

"Who is trying her?" You asked, clearing your throat to try to keep the sea of tears at bay. You heard the ding of the elevator and knew this was your cue to get off. You took a couple of steps forward, looking at the ground.

He pulled a handkerchief from his suit pocket and while he dabbed his eyes, he mumbled, "Dolores Umbridge."

You felt the gears in your head stop, consequently halting your whole body from walking. You turned your head to look at the man who was standing in the elevator. "Did you say Umbridge? The pink lady?"

"The same one and she is making death eaters stay with her too! She's been at the courtroom the whole day—where are you going Angela?"

"I have to do something at my office! Talk to you later!" You hurried to the end of the hall, your heart beating faster than ever. You searched for the courtroom, wondering why there was so many twists and turns in the ministry. It felt like a never ending maze and every direction you headed to led you back to the same elevator. Your hair clung to your face filled with cold sweat, you felt like you were going insane.

You knew where Umbridge was which meant the horcrux was there too. But you can't navigate yourself through a building for crying out loud.

"Bloody hell, how do people get to the courtroom?" You halted in your walk, noticing the elevator doors opening. A buff man walked out of it, his broad chest taking up the space of the elevator door. He stepped out and made eye contact with you. Both of you stared at one another for a moment until you realized it was Harry under the mask of another wizard.

Harry walked towards you, his stride awkwardly fitting for his new figure. "Um... there you are."

You searched for his identification card with your eyes and he helpfully moved his coat collar to let you see. "Um, Runcorn follow me to the courtroom please."

"Why...?"

"Angela," you finished, flashing your eyes at him. "I believe that the person we are looking for is in there."

Runcorn nodded, a slight glimmer in his eyes. He walked beside you, confidently navigating his way through the overwhelming corridors and hallways. "How do you know where it is?"