Chapter 15

Your heart raced faster than it ever has before, your wand practically slipping from your grasp by how sweaty your hands are. Harry was the first to step out of the elevator, keeping his gaze low to not attract any attention. Ron followed, holding Mrs. Cattlemore's hand throughout his weary troll to the vast room. You and Hermione were the last to leave the elevator, both of each other's nerves so high that it was hard to feel the floor beneath your feet.

"Okay," Harry whispered, getting all of your attention, "this is what we are going to do. We are not going to make people notice us, okay? We'll just walk away until we are out of here."

Hermione nodded, clutching her wand protectively over her stomach.

Ron turned toward his alleged wife, guilt written all over his face. "I'm sorry but we really have to go-"

The kiss that occurred between Ron and Mrs. Cattlemore attracted everyone's gaze. You accidentally slammed into Harry because your eyes were glued to Ron and Mrs. Cattlemore because it was so horrible that you couldn't look away.

Hermione tensed beside you, her light brown eyes losing their light as she roamed her eyes away from the pair. She decided to focus her attention at the herd of wizards and witches coming in and out of the fireplaces, her quizzical brain already tormenting her with ideas.

Ron let go of Mrs. Cattlemore and the horrified face she put on looked like she had just seen Voldemort pass her by. "Who... Where is my...?"

The real Mr. Cattlemore stood a few feet ahead of you and you jumped back when you realized it was him. You hadn't noticed him and now, people were starting to stare instead of just glance once they have noticed that there were two Mr. Cattlemore's—one of them transforming to a younger lad.

Harry sensed the new attention and grabbed your hand, motioning for Hermione to walk away too. Hermione gestured for Ron to follow them but as she did this, people started to look at the man holding your hand.

"It's Harry Potter! Harry Potter!"

"Run!" You shouted, feeing Harry's hand tighten around yours as the four of you sprinted through the herd. Your legs were so weak you were amazed that you were advancing towards the fireplace, it's green flames inviting. The feeling of Harry still holding your hand gave you this sense of power that ran through you like a bolt of energy. Your legs stopped feeling so weak and sprinting was an ease..

Hermione was running rapidly towards the flames, her curly hair bouncing against her back. She was the first to jump towards the fireplace, you and Harry following right after her but not being able to submerge into the flames yet.

Ron was panting and muttered a spell to disarm someone. There were blurs all over your vision from how quickly you have been running. You saw a man who by his sneer alone let you know that he was not going to let the four of you escape so easily. You pointed your wand towards him, letting Ron have a bit of a start towards the flames as he glanced behind him.

The man's cold eyes pierced through yours and a shiver went down your spine. His look alone could terrify the scariest of creatures. You turned your head back in front of you when you felt the tug of Ron and Harry's hands to your arm. You hurried after them, diving with your hands outstretched in front of you to the flames.

Ron shrieked, and you saw the man hanging on to Ron by his shoulder. Acting quickly, you punched the man in the face which helped loosen his grip on Ron's shoulder but it wasn't enough. Ron started to yell in pain as the feeing of being stuck in a tornado took over. He was being pulled in both directions and his body couldn't take the vast effort of apparating. You could spot Yaxley's eyes through the storm and the pure hatred in them transfixed you.