✿ 10 ✿

"Alright, let us begin today's main event. Our enchanting tag battle. There are no Pokémon battles in the Pokémon Showcase so consider this a special treat! All our participants will be chosen at random, please grab the card received at the reception desk and hold it up to the light! If a mark appears, then you're one of our lucky participants!" Everyone holds the cards up, I smile as I see a tiara show up on the card, I walk over to Alain who also had a tiara on his, "What about you guys?" I bring Alain with me to Ash and Serena, they had bow ties on their cards, "The battle begins next!" 

"It's a battle! That's what I'm talking about." Ash winds his arm up, he was using Pikachu, he and Serena were partnered up while Miette and one of Jessilee's friends was her partner, "The pairings are great." Miette smiles, she was using her Slurpuff while her partner was using Inkay and Serena was using Eevee. "Serena and Ash! Go for it!" Bonnie calls out, "Braizen!" "Panchum." Her Pokémon nod, "I win battles too. All the time too." Miette says from the other side of the battlefield, "We'll see." Serena smirks, "Ready Ash? Let's do our best." She looks at him, "Right and we're gonna win." He nods, "Alright then, battle begin!" Pierre says.

"Eevee, ready to go?" Serena says, "Ee Eevee!" She nods confidently, "Pikachu! Use quick attack on Slurpuff!" Ash says, he throws Slurpuff in the air, "Quickly! Slurpuff use Energy Ball!" Miette says, she fires a midair attack at Pikachu, "Quick! Eevee use Swift! Let's go!" Serena says, her tail glows and she lets the stars collide with the Energy Ball, "Not too bad." Miette says as Slurpuff lands back, "Inkay! Use Psybeam on Pikachu!" The man says, "Pikachu! Dodge and use Iron Tail go!" Pikachu jumps up and lands a critical hit on Inkay, I whistle, "They pack a punch." I watch them, Alain furrows his brows, "Their fighting style is still mediocre." He looks at them, "Course, when it comes to your standards, no one can top you." I look up at him, "Honestly Alain, you set goals too hard for you sometimes, I'm scared you're just going to overdo it someday." I say, he looks down at me, "I promise I won't ever overdo it, after all, that promise you said when I went to fight Kyogre and Groudon. If I mess up I don't get any more kisses." He bends down, "I don't want to mess that up and lose my streak." He whispers, I blush bright red and hit his chest, "Alright! Keep it up!" Serena smiles, "No surprise they're good. Well I've got an idea, will you help me out?" Miette looks at her partner, "Yes of course." He responds, "First off attack." She says, "Inkay Psybeam! Let's go." He says, "Dodge it!" Serena and Ash both say, the two of them jump up, "Use! Cotton Spore!" They both fall into cotton pillow, my eyebrows raise up, that was clever, "Once more!" Miette says, "Inkay! Psybeam, again!" The man commands, Inkay goes for another hit and hits both Pikachu and Eevee creating a large explosion, "Pikachu!" Ash calls out, "Eevee!" Serena exclaims, "Inkay! Tackle!" Pikachu shakily stands up, Pikachu quickly stands up in front of Eevee to protect her and gets hit, "Pikachu no!" Ash looks at him, he tries to stand up but falls down, "Great, finale time." Miette smiles, Eevee stands in front of Pikachu, "Yeah that's right, okay, now it's our turn! Eevee! Use Swift." Eevee jumps up and fires stars at Inkay and Slurpuff, "Use Energy Ball!" Miette calls out and the two attacks result in a large explosion, "Inkay use Psybeam now!" The attack hits Eevee and she falls back, "Eevee!" Serena bends down, "Pikachu can you still battle?" Ash asks, he stands back up, "Yeah. Pikachu use Electroball!" Ash raises his arm, everyone looks at Serena trying to help Eevee, "Oh no..." Bonnie looks at them, "I'm sure they'll be alright." I pat her back softly, "Pikachu Thunderbolt!" "Slurpuff Energy Ball!" The two attacks race towards each other and light up the room, Serena just kept patting Eevee softly Eevee slowly stands up and a glowing blue strand comes out from her collar, "Is it..." My eyes widen, "Eevee's evolving." Alain watches, "Oh wow!" Clemont stares, she glows blue, everyone was shocked, "Slyveon." She looks at Serena, "A Slyveon." Serena takes her Pokédex out, "Slyveon, the intertwining Pokémon. Slyveon affectionately wraps its ribbon like feelers around its trainer's arm as they walk together." Her Pokédex says, "Wow a Slyveon." Bonnie looks at the white and pink Pokémon, "Wow Slyveon. You were right, the battle's not over yet!" Serena stands back up, "Thanks for covering me Ash, you too Pikachu." Serena smiles at them, "It might have evolved but I'm gonna win. Slurpuff use Energy Ball!" Miette holds her hand out, "Dodge it quick!" Serena says but Slyveon brings her ribbons close together and fires an attack to break the Energy Ball, "It used Fairy Wind." Alain watches, "Wow a new move!" Serena beams, "That's great Slyveon!" Ash nods, "Pika!" Pikachu jumps up, "Oh dear, here we go. Inkay, use tackle." The man lazily says like he's already given up, Slyveon dances around and dodges all its attacks, "It's true, it dances great." Miette smiles, "Now use Fairy Wind!" Serena says, Slyveon glows pink and hits both Inkay and Slurpuff, "Slurpuff and Inkay are unable to battle. Which means the team of Ash and Serena have won this battle." The referee says, "S'il vous plais everybody. Please give a big round of applause to mademoiselle and her partner. An exciting battle indeed." Pierre says and everyone claps, "Congratulations." We run over to them, "You were great Slyveon." Bonnie smiles, Leafeon walks over to her and the two of them rub their cheeks, "What a surprising evolution, Eevee can evolve into many different ways but it has to be especially close to its trainer to evolve into a Slyveon." Clemont looks down at her, "I never knew." Serena also looks down, "Slyve." She looks at Serena, "Hi there. You're beautiful." Serena smiles.

"Now with the second and last battle of the night. Here are our participants Natalie and Alain versus Jessilee and Clemont!" Pierre says, "Clemont, you didn't say you got picked." I walk over to him, "Well neither did the two of you." He pushes up his glasses and we went our separate ways, "Ready!" The referee says, "You know before I left to travel with Ash I was the Lumiose city Gym Leader." He grins, "Not going to change anything right Alain." I look up at him, "You got that right." The four of us get our Pokéballs ready, "Go!" All four of us shout, "Charizard!" "Lucario!" "Luxray!" "Gourgeist!" The four Pokémon call out, "Just don't tear down this place Alain." I grin, "Can't promise anything." He grins, "What is that stone Charizard's wearing?" Serena asks, "It couldn't be." Clemont stares closer trying to see, "Lucario! Close Combat let's go!" I shout, "Lucario!" He was in front of Gourgeist in a second and hit a critical hit on Gourgeist, "Quick Luxray! Use Wild Charge!" Clemont says, "Dodge it!" I shout, "Charizard! Flamethrower on Gourgeist go!" Alain throws his hand out, "Chari!" He flies forward and spews hot fire, "Gourgeist!" Jessilee exclaims, "Use Leech Seed on Lucario and follow it up with Shadow Ball!" She orders, "Lucario!" I shout as a cloud of dust blocked our vision, I saw some of his energy get drained from him, I saw Alain ball up his fist and grit his teeth, "Alain, no. This place won't be able to contain it." I hold his arm, "Contain what?" Bonnie asks, "What does Nat mean?" Ash asks, "She hurt your Pokémon." He lost the shine in his eyes, "Charizard!" He lifts his arm up, "No Alain!" I try to stop him, "Respond to my heart, beyond evolution." He brings out his Mega Ring, everyone's eyes widen, "Mega Evolve!" He shouts and touches his Key Stone, beams of light connected Charizard to Alain and he glowed blue, Charizard's claws seemed to get sharper and his wings changed shape, when the blue light burst the blue and black Charizard appeared, he roared loudly and everyone covers their ears, "Steel Wing." Alain says, Charizard flies up and his wings increase in size, diving back down and hitting both Luxray and Gourgeist, "Luxray! No!" Clemont says, "Gourgeist!" Jessilee says, the cloud cleared, "Both Luxray and Gourgeist are unable to battle. Which means the team of Alain and Natalie have won this battle." The referee brings his hand down, Charizard roars one more time before reverting back, Alain holds his head, "Alain." I hold his arm, "Return." All the Pokémon go back, everyone was murmuring, "Wow, what a powerful Pokémon." "Who is this trainer?" "How did Charizard just do that?" They whisper, "Here represented tonight is the sheer power Pokémon can reach and the true strength and potential between Pokémon and traier. Merci Alain and Natalie." Pierre folds his arm over his chest as he gives a light bow, "Are you alright?" Serena asks Alain, "I'll be fine." Alain straightens himself back up, "Was that a Mega Charizard?" Ash asks, he nods, "That was amazing, such strength." Serena looks at Alain, "I would love to battle you one day Alain." Ash balls up his fist, "One day." He says, I pinch his arm, "Argh! Fine, soon." Alain rubs his arm, I smile and nod happily.

"I thank you all for your attendance today, I will let you in on the next Pokémon Showcase will be held and that exciting location is... Fleurrh city!" A projection shows the city, "Serena." We see Miette, "We'll settle this in the next Showcase." She smiles, "Yeah." Serena nods, "Will you come?" Miette looks at me, "I won't be participating but I'll be there to cheer you on." I smile, "But-" Alain looks at me, I slam my hand over his mouth, "Yes? You were saying?" I look up at him smiling but a shadow cast on my face, "We'd love to watch." He sweats, "That'll be great!" Bonnie jumps up, "We'll all be there to cheer you both on, maybe we'll see Shauna or Nini there too." I grin, the two girls nod.

"Well, we'll be on our way now." I wave my arm, we had all changed back into our normal attire, they nod, "See you guys and best of luck!" Clemont waves, "And Alain." Ash says, he turns his head around, "Next time we meet we'll have a battle." He says, Alain lips tipped up, "Sure, next time it is." He nods, we left the group and set on our own journey.