3| You aren't even supposed to be eating those

{6 years, 1 days after Praimfaya}

"fish again for dinner?" Lexa asks Clarke as the blond girl makes her way to the table that Heda sits on.

"you bet" she responds as she places the uncooked food in the silver bucket, "don't worry, ill season it differently so our little Natblida won't complain" she says, earning a giggle from Lexa

"you bet" she responds as she places the uncooked food in the silver bucket, "don't worry, ill season it differently so our little Natblida won't complain" she says, earning a giggle from Lexa. On cue, the rover pulls up in the open space, where a child emerges from the driving seat.
"look berries!" she says running up to her mothers,
"Madi, you'll spoil your dinner if you keep eating that" Lexa warns,
"nah uhhh... i won't spoil dinner if this is dinner" she says looking over at Clarke.
"you aren't even supposed to be eating those"
"Technically your right,  but they've doubled since last year and you said-"
"okay okay, but then this is going to waste" Clarke points at the fish she caught.
"I promise I'll do the washing for the next week to make up for it" Madi look over at Lexa for help, Heda then puts 2 fingers up, "two weeks! ill do it for two weeks" she pleads with her big blue eyes.
"Alright, you've got a deal" Clarke agrees. Lexa and Madi high five as they start walking to the rover.

-

The fire flows to the cold breeze, almost magical all the family sits under the twinkling stars. Madi lays in the middle of her moms, resting her head on Clarke's lap. The little Natblida points to the night sky, aiming her finger on the brightest star. Of course, they all know it's not a planet or a sun, but the ring that their friends currently live on.

"they're supposed to be back by now" she delivers
"soon. be patient" Clarke's voice is soft and unworrying but as she looks over to Lexa, her eyes say the opposite. The truth is, there was no way to confirm if Bellamy, Raven and everyone else had actually made it there alive. The technology they needed to get in contact with their friends was broken and since both girls were not tech-savvy, they weren't going to get fixed any time soon. What they did know is that they wanted to give Madi something to look forward to, something they could all have hope for.

"oh Madi, you just want them to come down so they can open the bunker," Lexa said as she leaned into tickle her daughter,
"okay okay," Madi giggled as she squirmed around, "you got me, I just want to meet Octavia!"
"ah the famous girl under the floor," Lexa responds,
"she not the girl under the floor, she's Osleya! or Skairipa!"
"or you could just call her Octavia" Clarke jumps in, "maybe even just O, if she really likes you"
"she'll love me"
"woah" both Lexa and Clarke react, giving big smirks. "who taught you to be that confident?" earning a cheeky laugh from Madi.

With that, their conversations began to die down. The soft somber of the branches dancing in the wind, the faint splashes as the lake runs in the distance, and the occasional owl singing into the night, created the perfect melody to fall asleep to. Their eyelids became droopy and with Madi already snoring away, Lexa and Clarke could look into each other's eyes finding comfort in the fact that they're the last thing each other will see and the first when they wake up.