4 | Titus didnt kill me

Lexa as usual was the first awake. The chirping of the birds and the ray of sunlight glimmering on her face, was always just enough to take her away from her sleep. Groggy eyes and all, she pulled her self up and turned to her family. Her whole life, she never thought she could have this; it was always train, become commander and rule until death. No one to love, no one to come home too that would kiss her on the forehead or a child that would run into her arms, but atlas she was living the dream she never knew she had. Happiness. This was it, this was her life that she'd never take for granted.

She sat there in her thoughts, thinking about the life that she and Clarke created together. How her child slept peacefully, comforted with the fact there was no war brewing and no one who could ever touch them. The thing is, that was now just a concept of the past, Madi was right- Bellamy and the others were supposed to have come back to ground already and the bunker should have been opened. When that happens, the threat of war was to return as well.

Clarke and Lexa knew from the get go that this wasn't peace, it was a break. A time for them to relax and prepare for when their people would return. Never in a million years had they thought that they would also have to raise a child and get her ready not just to survive in their world, but to be the next Heda. A confronting truth that Clarke hated, their child was destined to be the next commander. Lexa on the other hand found relief in the fact that their would be no conclave, at least not if she died in the near future.

-

Lexa leaned over and brushed the hair out of Madi's face, gently waking her up,
"Good morning little Natblida" As madi's eyes fluttered open, so did her star catching smile,
"It's time for your training". This was Madi's usual routine, something she loved but also needed. She jumped up almost stepping on her sleeping mom. "Shhh shhh, you'll wake up clarke" lexa warned her quietly.
"Sorry" Madi took Lexa's hand as she was guided off the blankets and to a clearing in eyes shot of Clarke. Far enough that they could talk normally, close enough to occasionally peek over and see Wanheda.

"We'll do defence to offence today"
"I wanna do knives"
"We didn't bring any" Madi then reaches down to her pants the pulls out four throwing knives. This earns a massive giggle for lexa, "Madi! Omg when did you even have time to get those!" They we're both laughing at this point.
"I stole them from Clarke's stash"
"You sneaky Natblida, you better return those when we get back. Okay, we can do knives after breakfast"
"But Clarke will see I have them"
"She already knows Madi. See the shine on her pants? Where her gun would normally be? She checked the stash before we left"
"She didn't say anything?"
"oh Natblida, you've been stealing stuff since we met you, at this point we take bets on what you've taken. Clarke's pretty sure you have a gun with you"
"I do" they both stared at each other in astonishment before bursting out in laughter again,
"WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR PANTS???"
that's for me to know and you to find out" Madi then picks up the long wooden stick beside her, "besides I'm ready to fight"
Lexa then breaks off one from the tree beside her, "ready when you are" they assume their fighting poses,
"Ahhh" Madi lunges at Lexa.

-

Madi lays on the ground, panting from their very tiring session, lexa sits up next to her. Clarke then pushes through the bushes, holding breakfast and two bottles of water.
"Tired already Natblida? The day hasn't even begun" This snaps Madi up, reaching her arms out for the water,
"Lexa taught me how to kick my legs and twirl out of the way from the ground when a spear is coming at me" she began gargling water "and how to keep the opponent down"
"Woah slow down there Madi, your gonna choke" lexa warns,
"I remember that move, she did that in the conclave against king Roan"
"You did?!?" That pulls Madi's attention away from her water,
"Yep! Just before I killed queen Nia" Lexa say flicking her hair back proudly,
"You should teach me moves from octavia's conclave"
"I wasn't there, you'll have to ask Clarke for that... but I don't think she know how to do them either"
"HEY!!! I can't teach you combat just fine" They were all smiling at that point, "Okay okay, let's eat first"

-

All three girls sat sun soaking in the grass field after eating a ridiculous amount of berries for breakfast, they were all on the verge of a food coma.
"Can you tell how you faked your death again?"
"Madi" Clarke said with a more serious tone,
"It's okay" lexa assured her, "I think your old enough to hear the full story this time.
"Lexa, I'm not so sure about this" Clarke desperately wanted to hold on to Madi's picture perfect image she had of her parents and the world they used to live in. She knew it was time to tell the little Natblida, but a part of her broke knowing that their lives were going to change sooner than later.
"It's time Clarke" lexa said with pleading eyes,

"Madi, do you know why we taught you to fight?" "Because I'm going to be the next Heda""Yes, but it's also because the clans aren't exactly at peace as we told you

"Because I'm going to be the next Heda"
"Yes, but it's also because the clans aren't exactly at peace as we told you. Many of them don't like Skaikru, they don't see them as our people"
"But Octavia's skaikru and she's their commander right now?"
"Yes that's bc she fought in the conclave, but the reality is that we don't know what's happening in the bunker... which means we don't exactly know who those people are anymore"
"People change"
"Correct, but right now the clan believe I'm dead and that there aren't any natblida's left. They might feel betrayed when they come out, we just don't know. So when they come out of the ground, we're going to lie. We're going to tell everyone that Clarke turned you into a Natblida, not that your true born"
"Because they'll try to kill you if they found out that I'm alive. They'll try to replace you with me"
"Right"
"But what does this have to do with the story?"
"Titus didn't kill me, Octavia did"

 They'll try to replace you with me" "Right" "But what does this have to do with the story?" "Titus didn't kill me, Octavia did"