5 | I'll keep you safe

"What??!?" Madi was in complete shock,
"Buckle down Madi, this is going to be a long story" Clarke assured her,
Lexa then began "it's starts after the conclave against roan, after I killed queen Nia. Ontari went rogue..."

~ 3 weeks before praimfaya ~

Lexa sat on her throne, surrounded by delicates from each clan. The sun was setting, they had been talking for hours about the ice nation and Lexa was getting tired of having to convince everyone that she had a handle on the situation. She and King Roan had a soul tying agreement that Azgeda would follow in the alliance as a thank you for sparing his life. Of course if they didn't follow, Lexa would come for his head.

Lexa had her back straights, legs crossed and was playing with her knife, but internally she was just about ready to rest her head on her arms and fall asleep right there on her throne. That morning she was training her Natblida's, Aden becoming a little more difficult to beat each day, making her really proud but also sad that the rest of her children would not have very long lives. She made sure to capture each and everyone of their faces, embedding them in her memory...and the flame, so they could live forever. Their faces glistening in the sun light from their sweat, amusing to lexa even if she couldn't show how she really felt. After Titus left, it was almost magical; the kids could laugh and actually talk with each other, she could smile around them... she could hug them. They were her kids after all, she raised them, she loved them.

Suddenly the door slammed open

Suddenly the door slammed open. It was Ontari, covered head to toe in night blood. She she dragged along a massive bag beside her, clearing the path to the throne. Lexa's heart sank, she knew it straight away.
"Guess I'm the next commander" she said as she reached into the bag and pulled out Aden's head, "I made sure to get your favourite too".
Lexa stood up and threw the knife straight into Ontari's chest, the impact pushing her to the ground.
"Kill her" she said to the delegates as they practically jumped on the Azgeda born nightblood. Lexa on the other hand, ran past everyone and to the Natblida's sleeping quarters. The sight was one of nightmares.

Most of their bodies were still in their beds, dripping. Except Aden's, he put up a fight. She picked up his body and placed in on his bed, she covered all of them with their blankets. There was nothing else to do. Moonlight streamed into the room, she sat in the corner and cried. She could feel the emptiness, not just metaphorically but the sting of the cold as the heat of warm bodies had disappeared. They didn't even have time to scream, if they did she could have gotten there on time, at least that what she told her self.