Chapter 4: Isolation

Surprise! I decided to update tonight! Enjoy.

Music for this chapter: Isolation by Aaryan Shah play when I tell you.

It's been too long, I've been aloneI've seen too much to go back homeLight years away, away from youJust hoping that I make it throughIt's been too long, I've been aloneI've seen too much to go back homeLight years away, away from youJust hoping t...

I've seen too much to go back home
Light years away, away from you
Just hoping that I make it throughIt's been too long, I've been alone
I've seen too much to go back home
Light years away, away from you
Just hoping that I make it through

Sitting amongst the pile of boxes, half unpacked, I felt restless, all I could think about was Jimin. I felt so guilty having spent most of yesterday so wrapped up in the new hot guy, my neighbour, Christian, not once thinking of Jimin. 

But now here I was, 10pm and I still hadn't completed unpacking. Not that I had been trying all day, nope not at all.

Picking up one box full of clothes, I sifted through it to find Nani's cardigan, hoping the scent would distract me. But then, I spotted it, Jimin's old Expressions dance studio hoodie. I remember he had handed it to me that summer, I had been shivering slightly in the cooling air one evening. Our shoulders pressed together watching the sunset disappearing into the sparkling sea on the clifftop at Bude. 

Nonchalantly he had taken off his leather jacket, then the hoodie with the black lettering, told me to lift my arms up, then slid it on me, before putting his jacket back on, then continuing to chat about his brother's newfound fear of the sea. I had never given it back, and he had never asked.

I wasn't going to finish this chore, surrounded by memories unlocked. So I grabbed the hoodie and put it on. Maybe if I went to the studio at Affinity, like Jaehyung promised me I was welcome to do, I could spend time sorting work emails in a place removed from heartache and longing.

Opening my door, I rushed to my car, preferring that over my bike due to the sudden light drizzle Korea decided to gift me with. Once in, a tapping broke me from starting the engine. It was Christian.

Jesus Christ! I thought I was escaping the men in my life.

I rolled down my window for him, and he greeted me with a warm smile.

"I realised, we haven't exchanged numbers yet!", I stared, caught off guard, he wanted to stop me for that?

 "I mean, you know, for emergencies. If you need to change your light bulbs or have a flat tyre. Not that you can't do it yourself of course. I mean you did train in the RAF! I don't think you can't!", he babbled flustered, endearingly, his cheeks showing a cute flush.

"Oh. I would appreciate that. I don't know many people here.", I smiled in appreciation, handing him my phone.

"I mean if you are free now, we could go to the marketplace that's open all day. I mean we are in Gongdeok after all.", he offered, hopefully.

Shaking my head, "Sorry no, I'm heading to work I think. I need some space right now. All the unpacking- which I haven't finished- has made me feel stir crazy.", I grimaced.