Chapter 10 : Serendipity

Song for this chapter, Serendipity by our very own Park Jimin

You're my Penicillium, saving me, saving me

My angel, my world

I'm your calico cat, here to see you

Love me now, touch me now

"See you tomorrow Hobi-hyung.", Jimin says as he pulls up outside of the tall building. Locking his car, he looks up at it, heaving a sigh in preparation for what may be a challenging few hours ahead.

Whistling the tune he had in mind, he makes his way to the studio where he had agreed to meet his producer. Jimin had stayed up all last night when he got home from the party with lyrics pouring out of his mind, the ideas were overflowing, so in the morning he immediately went through his contacts and arranged for a meeting.

Since the night he had caught Alexa snooping on him dancing, then later discovering she had gotten a job at the same company he was employed at, she had not escaped his mind. It was like he was 17 again and the past 7 years that he had spent avoiding and hiding from her had not happened.

His heart beat ten to the dozen every time he saw her. The way she looked down at her laptop screen smiling at something funny TxT had done in the video he was translating. The way she would softly say thank you to his best friend as he handed her coffee over. Jimin saw it all and it made him yearn all the more to just go back and change the past. Would it be him that she would brush fingers with, drinking coffee together? Would it be him she would laugh with? Would he be the one she would affectionately correct English for?

"Mate you going to come in? Or do you fancy a session outside.", an Australian voice breaks Jimin out of his trance. He gapes at the taller and older man standing with his muscular arms draped against the door frame nonchalantly, a teasing smirk gracing his full lips.

"Ugh, yeah, sorry hyung. Too many ideas you know.", he shrugs sheepishly as he makes his way into the studio only to be stopped by a hand covered in tattoos.

The man ruffles Jimin's fading electric blue hair playfully, "Oh come off that hyung shit now, we've met enough times for honorifics to disappear. 5 years age gap and working relationship be damned.", he winks then pushes Jimin further into the room.

Having been brought up in Australia and only moving to Korea when he was in his mid-20s, Christian never got used to the honorifics system that his mother country preferred. Jimin remembered the amusing moment of awkwardness when they first met as he bowed to the older man during their introduction. Jimin had been shy anyway as he was a fan of DPR Ian, so to work with his idol was nerve-wracking.

He had stuttered, bowing to an angle that was even too much for a work senior. Formalities stuttering out of his mouth as he tried to introduce himself, holding his hand under his arm as they shook hands, "Mannaseo bangapseumnida. I'm Park Jimin. Your biggest fan. Thank you for agreeing to work with me Sunbaenim."