Schnappter ten

Trying to get a better look of Noah's face became impossible, as he turned to the window but sure enough his neck was red as a beet.

About to say something I reached my hand to get his attention but before I could there was a deep cough from the front of the car.

We both turned and looked at our driver who was looking at their phone (at a red light alr) and then back to us.

"This is you two isn't it?" His phone was not turned to us and I could see the stupid E News article.

I could feel my hands starting to get clamy and I held my breath. I didn't expect that thing to spread so fast.

Shooting a glance at my companion I stammered: "um- well- yeah.."

"So are you guys dating then?" Noah answered this time.

"Nope, just good friends." He gave a reassuring smile to the driver and then pointed to the road, "The lights green."

The uber driver whipped around and began the car. I marveled at how noah could make our- ... 2 day? Friendship seem like a lifetime.

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FACT STRANGER THINGS 4 SHOULD BE COMING OUT IN 2022- I THINK

When we finally arrived at my apartment the driver- Dan, asked Noah for a autograph for his son who was apparently obsessed with him. He gladly agreed before taking my bag out of my hands and walking up to the door.

I pulled out the key and gave him a goofy smile. "Welcome to my temporary home!" My arms were spread wide in welcome.

"Temporary?" I forgot he didn't know about my parents, and the fact that -as much as I hated it- hoped they would come back for me.

"-Well until I'm allowed to live on my own of c-course," I turned and hung my jacket up and kicked off my shoes. "You don't think I'm going to live with my older brother for the rest of my life" I added.

He laughed, "I guess not- hey, do you have any snacks?" I gave him a face.

"We just had breakfast idiot," he groaned and held his stomach.

"But I'm always hungryy" I laughed and led him to the kitchen.

"Alright get a snack I'm going to go get my computer from upstairs." And with that I dashed up the stairs.

My brothers voice yelped as we crashed together.

"Ack! Sorry tom, I was just going to get my computer-"

"Is that... a guys voice i heard?" I paused.

"Yeah, Noah Schnapp and I just happened to become friends and now he's over to help me for the audition later this week." Tom looked at me for a second. Concern written on his face.

"Y/n are you sure having boys over is the best thing for you right now?" I glared at up at him.

I knew he was implying my slumping on the couch and obvious depression earlier this week.

"If anything he's helping- and its not like anything is going on between us. You don't have to believe everything you read on the news."

"Y/n," he sighed and ran a hand down his face.

"Anyways I gotta get my computer. Don't you have plans with your friends today?" He nodded and walked back to his room, not without giving me a quick side hug. I gave him a squeeze back.

Downstairs noah had gotten into some cookies and was going to ask y/n if she had more when he overheard her and her brothers conversation.

WORD COUNT: 600