Eleven

After last night no one was ecstatic over the idea of having Scott's first Beta coming at a time like this. Especially with the full moon tonight and everything going on with Kate, the mouthless murderer, and Lydia's mysterious code. We were all just trying to be supportive for Scott's sake since he was showing the beginning signs of a breakdown.

Stiles was even more frantic as we tried to break open the code Lydia unknowingly wrote, a keyword required to access it that we didn't have any leads on. Things were starting to get tense and it was definitely taking its toll on us because even though no one said it, we knew this wouldn't end well.

It felt weird being in school at a time like this, but since most of my classes had Liam in them Scott asked me to not skip and instead keep an eye on him. So far he hadn't even done anything, but he had pulled Mason to sit far away from me in the periods we shared, much to the other boy's confusion.

I was walking towards my final class of the day when Stiles texted to meet him near Coach's office to let me know what the plan was for tonight. Everyone else had met up during their free periods but I had to tail Liam so I couldn't join them. 

When I got there I saw him looking up and down the halls impatiently, waiting for me to arrive with crossed arms. 

"Took you long enough." Stiles snarked as I came to stand beside him. I sent a sarcastic smile his way, not bothering to threaten him right now. 

"Were you guys able to catch up to Liam?" I ask. He and Scott mentioned they would try to corner the boy this morning and get him to understand what was happening, but his sheepish wince gave me my answer.

"Great job." I give them a thumbs up which Stiles whacks away.

"We tried but the little bastard didn't want to talk." He rolled his eyes at the mention of Liam. I mirrored his action and put my hand on my hips as I openly scowled. 

"No kidding? It's almost like we kidnapped him last night."

Stiles pointed his finger in my face. "Scott kidnapped him, we aided and abetted."

"It's an important distinction to make." He added when I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What's the plan?" I shake my head and move the conversation along, wanting to get the information so I could go to my last period already, especially since Liam was there.

"Kira's gonna ask him out to a party tonight." Stiles claps his hands and I cringe. "Seriously? Kira's even more awkward than Scott."

I think back to when the two first met and how they were like middle schoolers, stealing shy glances rather than just talking to each other normally. They still haven't even gone on an actual date yet. For god's sake, Kira's dad asked Scott out to dinner before she did.

Stiles gives an agreeable tilt of his head but shakes it off, trying to look hopeful instead. 

"She's nervous but she's got it. You just have to let us know Liam's in your class and make sure he doesn't try to leave early or anything, alright?"

I nod, taking my orders seriously. "Yeah, okay. I have Art with him right now. I'll text you if he shows up and when class is about to let out."

"Be careful." Stiles and I separate after his words, going in opposite directions. 

The class had already started so when I opened the door to the room, all eyes were on me.

"Nice of you to join us, Jac." Miss Lace, the school Art teacher, crossed her arms as I entered. She was a thin woman who seemed friendly but she had a very decent intimidation stance, I'll give her that.