- 06

It was after dinner, about 8 quarter in the evening when Isla was once again, scheduled for her prefect patrol.

A blue light lit at the end of her wand as she walks around the peaceful corridors of Hogwarts. Her supposed to be partner for the patrol was at the hospital wing because they had broken an ankle this afternoon, so she's on her own for tonight.

Feeling quite bored with the silent atmosphere, she starts to hum a random song.

She abruptly stops humming when she hears series of footsteps. She halted in step and turns around to the other end of the corridor where she assumes the footsteps comes from.

Isla walks towards then points her wand as she rounds the corner, expecting to find a student out of curfew.

But alas, she was confused.

Isla frowned when there was no one there. Then, it hit her.

She was on the second floor. By the window sills. This is where she found the first poem!

Clicking everything in her head, Isla turns to the large window frame and there it was.

Another parchment carelessly place on the sill, windows opened once again. Isla was beginning to think if this was becoming a pattern.

Walking forward, Isla shut the window close. She glance down at the small paper and slowly, took it.

Yet again, it was another masterpiece of a work.

Another poem...

The same handwriting, a lot more different content, but the same taste of words...

This poem was a lot bitter than the last. It describes the poet's bottled feelings and unreleased emotions, all worked upon one piece of poetry.

That night, Isla wonders not for the first time...

Who wrote this?

The smooth surface of that little paper in her pallid hands as she read the contents, eyes dragging to every words written with delicacy.

And as she read the last sentence, she went back to the first one again. And at that moment, oh how she dearly wished to meet the yearning heart of the poet.

So maybe, just maybe, she can satisfy it.

James Potter is supposed to be doing Head Boy Duties right now. But here he was, in an empty Charms classroom, the Marauder's Map on his hand.

His first plan was to look for Lily Evans name so that he could bump into her 'accidentally' during this night patrol and claim it to be destiny bringing them together, perhaps make small talks. Yes, that was the main plan as to why he brought the Marauders Map with him.

But now, he was aimlessly staring at Isla Brooks' name on the parchment.

She was at the spot he was just at. Right outside this Charms classroom. She was right outside this room he is in.

Now, James finally understands and assumes that she's probably found the poem he had just written by the sill.

James runs a hand through his hair, adjusted his glasses, and bit his lip.

Eyes glistening with curiosity for the girl.

~****~

Coincidence happens far too often, that it's hard to believe it is what it is: a coincidence.

Lily Evans was one to witness, when during her prefect patrol into the seventh floor, by the moving staircase. James Potter - the least she's expecting and the very least she wished to see right now or every other time - came striding forwards in her direction.