- 10

They had been doing it for almost two months now.

Every time they were successful. Although, they needed to make sure Lily was alone (without any companion) before they levitate the latest poem towards her.

They had acquainted different reactions coming from her.

They got Lily shocked, curious, interested and even made her smile once – which was James biggest victory and he couldn't help but sigh about it dreamily.

Isla could only watch in amusement as James talks about how he actually made Lily smile, through his words!

James too was grateful because without Isla's criticism, his poems wouldn't be half as good.

Although, he starts to worry his connection with Isla. He finds himself getting too close with her, to cozy up.

There was this one time when James was sat on the same window sill during his prefect patrol, writing a new poem but couldn't form the right words. Isla found him on the same spot, and sat across him as she helps.

The space between them was so close as Isla points out his mistakes in the words. Their shoulders were touching that James often could feel himself suffocate with the squeezing feelings inside his chest.

As if he couldn't breathe, and his heart was racing. He disregard this feeling, of course, claiming it is just a one time thing.

But two months have passed by and now, it has been happening quite often that his best mates started to suspect it.

"Prongs, I can't believe I'm actually saying this about you. But you're acting weird." Padfoot remarks, as James enters their dormitory the night after his prefect duty was done.

Remus wasn't on patrol tonight so James walk back on his own. The other three marauders looks up due to James arrival and Sirius's remark.

Sure enough, James was leaning on his nightstand, closing his eyes as he tries to compose his heart rate down. It has been pacing.

He walked Isla tonight back to her common room. And in exchange for that gesture, she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Isla had blushed, and quickly turned around and disappear through the Hufflepuff common room. While James was left to figure out the butterflies in his stomach.

James didn't answer Sirius inquiry.

"..Yeah, something's definitely wrong with him." Sirius comments with a scoff,

Maybe there actually is.

Because why in the world would James freaking Potter feel this way?

"Prongs, mate, are you alright?" Remus asked, cautiously.

They all noticed, the change in James. It was true, he has been acting weird lately.

They knew James was seeing a person behind their back, and he was also determined to keep it a secret from them because he always carries the marauders map in every of his prefect patrol. The point is they don't know who this person was!

"I'm fine, I'm fine..." James mutters, fingers slowly touching his cheek where he could still feel the touch of Isla's lips.

His face warms up, and he shakes his head..

"I need to use the bathroom." he murmured as he quickly strides towards the bathroom door, then closed it without another word.

The other three marauders knit their eyebrows, and looks at each other.

"What's wrong with him?" Sirius asks,

Peter shrugs, as he pops another Bertie Botts All Flavoured Beans in his mouth.