- 09

The rest of the day went normal for everyone.

Except for the fact that the professors has given them more homework than necessary, claiming that seventh years should be more sharp in mind and essay writing.

The second fact was that, the marauders – famous for their everyday havoc – hasn't prank anyone throughout the whole day. The hallways were silent and students were starting to suspect if they were just around the shadows, waiting for their targets.

They were not.

In fact that very afternoon – after all classes ended – all marauders were locked up in their dorm room, scheming for the next glorious prank they would ever do (Not that they don't claim their pranks aren't all glorious).

At least some of the marauders were participating. The others, well...

Remus was sitting cross legged on the floor, furiously scratching his quill on a piece of parchment. Merlin, he had forgotten about the three foot essay in Transfiguration that was due just about tomorrow morning. Remus Lupin usually has his schedules set, and get all his homework done before due time or even a lot earlier from that. But having, James, Sirius and Peter as friends — it is clearly hard to focus more in getting the work done.

And James. Well, he was sitting on his bed, also a quill in hand and a parchment in his lap – using as a support to write down his words. No, he wasn't writing an essay or such nor is he finally paying more attention to his own undone homeworks. No, he was actually composing a new poem.

Occasionally, he would stop writing to think, tapping his quill on his chin that sometimes it would stain his face some ink. Then he would lean again and write — frequently slashing out a sentence muttering how 'it isn't good enough' or 'it isn't quite right'. And in time would let out a frustrated sigh as he furiously tries to get the ideas in his head.

In all the marauders, it seems that only Sirius were much more focus on actually coming up with a grand prank. He had the Marauders Map lay out in front of him as well as a floor plan for their latest prank, as he and Peter rounded about it, sitting on the floor.

Peter, from the other two, was probably the only one cooperating because he doesn't want to get his homework nor does he have any poems to composed. Plus, he'd rather much preferred to procrastinate his works than get it all done with in the first place.

Sirius spares the other two non-participative marauders, and he gave them an unimpressed look as he crosses his arms.

"Are you all listening? Come on, this is our biggest prank yet!" Sirius grumbles then adds with a muse, "And we also need to come up with a more greater prank for graduation. We can't leave Hogwarts without a worthwhile impression."

Sirius looks very much pleased with the whole talk about leaving impressions. Peter nodded vigorously.

"We still have homeworks to do, Sirius. And you also still haven't done yours." Remus points out, only sparing him a short glance before furiously writing on his essay again.

Sirius just huffs and looks over at James's, who's attention is divided,

"Pronggsss, don't tell me Moony's got into you... You're not actually answering your homeworks right?" Sirius asked incredulously,

James scoffs, "Please, as if i would."

But in some case, for some strange reasons, the marauders do seem to get their works done in the end. Maybe it was because Remus Lupin was their friend, or they are just smart gifted bastards – minus Peter.

"I'm writing something much more interesting. Now stop distracting me."

James brief reply got Sirius curious as he raise an eyebrow and began to stand up. Peter looks up at him, puzzled.