Dimileth Week 2021 2/4

Summary: Being a teenager is hard enough, but being a prince just makes everything harder. High school is tough, but having a popular (and very gay) twin brother who constantly overshadows you makes it more miserable. 2 totally different high school students attending Garreg Mach Academy have a chance meeting at a field trip to an art gallery but soon learn that maybe it was fate all along.

Background info: Set in a modern Fódlan, nearly 1000 years after the continent was United under King Dimitri and Queen Byleth. This time, the reincarnations of the cast are finally living out the peaceful and non-war filled lives they deserved. Byleth has a twin brother named Bennett, or just Ben for short, who is very popular, very gay, and is dating another popular guy named Yuri. Both of her parents are alive and well. Dimitri is still the prince and his father and step-mother are still alive. Edelgard is his step-sister who spends half her time with her mother and half the time with her other side of the family back in Embar.(which is now a major city in the Adresia region of the continent) Seteth and Flayn, being the last living children of the Goddess, are still alive and relatively unchanged. Flayn is older and looks more like a young adult and Seteth looks a little more middle-aged. Both work at Garreg Mach Academy. For the sake of this story, I renamed Byleth from back then to Belleth to make it seem less obvious. 

—————————————————————————————————————————

Byleth was zoning out in Professor Seteth's history class. It was another boring day. The history of Faerghus hasn't be interesting for the past 1000 years. Sure there have been some major events, but it was nothing compared to the wars that were rampant back before the unification. Unluckily, they already finished that unit and started to relearn the reconstruction era, also known as the boring era to Byleth. However, she couldn't help but find it funny that she had a strange resemblance to one of the queens, even sharing similar names. Maybe her parents were big history buffs.

Professor Seteth pulled out a stack of papers. Great, another pop quiz. Byleth thought. Most of the class groaned since they knew exactly what the papers would've meant. Professor Seteth shook his head with a smile at his students. "Now now, I know what you're all thinking and this is not a pop quiz." He said. All the class collectively let out a sigh of relief. Their grades will survive another day.

"I have noticed some of you guys aren't as engaged as you should. However, I devised a perfect learning activity that everyone would enjoy." He started to pass out the papers to the class. Some started reading immediately while some kept their attention on their teacher. "I am planning a field trip to the art museum with the new historical significance exhibit that just opened. This will the the perfect opportunity to get some hands on learning."

When Professor Seteth handed Byleth the paper, she started to read it immediately. This would be the first field trip she would go on since middle school. While the location is less-than-ideal, it was at least a time to get out of school.

"Now, the due date for the permission slips is in two weeks and three weeks from today will be the date of the field trip. Any questions?"

Byleth zoned out again for the questions. She didn't really care about the specifics. She was just glad she could finally get out of school for a day.

Three weeks later, on the day of the trip, Byleth was hanging out with her friends outside of the buses. Her friend Hilda, was also glad about getting out of class, while Dorothea was mildly upset about having to miss her theatre class. Mercedes and Annette were having their own conversation about what paintings or sculptures depicting the history of Faerghus. Byleth was casually joining the conversations but didn't really stay in long. Her twin brother, Bennett, walked by with his boyfriend Yuri.