Story 3: Ingrid and Sylvain's Sky Watch Adventure

Part 1, White Clouds, Wyvern Moon

It was the Wyvern Moon and the weather was becoming crisper and the leaves where changing colors. Since the weather was getting cooler, the students started to have their lessons in more insulated areas such as the library and the Knights Hall. The famous Battle of the Eagle and the Lion was approaching and the students frequently trained, even adding a battle practice class in their daily schedule.

After a particular practice, Byleth was ready to assign the weekly group task. The students sat in the viewing area in the training grounds, anxiously awaiting to see if their name will get called. "Alright, this week's group task is Sky Watch and I chose Ingrid and Sylvain for this week." Byleth announced. All the students that weren't chosen let out a sigh of relief. Ingrid didn't mind being chosen. She likes Sky Watch. But on the other hand, she was paired up with Sylvain.

Sylvain was a skirt chaser to say the least. He flirted with every girl he came across with and ended up breaking most of their hearts. Usually, Ingrid is the one that ends up having to clean up the mess he made and apologizing to all the girls who hearts he broke. Knowing Sylvain, he'll probably fly off somewhere and try to impress a girl with the wyvern he'll be using. Ingrid sighed. She did not want to have to spend the afternoon after the task having to fix Sylvain's possible mess.

Sylvain also wasn't happy about who he was paired up with. Usually during group tasks, if he wasn't paired with Felix, Dimitri, or Ingrid, he would joke off and do his own thing. He easily got away with most things he did. Mostly because he bribes his partner with sweets or gold. Ingrid wouldn't be so quick to accept the bribes. In fact, she wouldn't accept the bribes. Sylvain sighed. He did not want to spend his morning being scolded by Ingrid for just having a little fun.

Ingrid didn't even bother talking to him about the task at the moment. It would be a waste to tell him the dos and do nots a day before their task. She exited the training grounds while Sylvain remained behind to continue training with Dimitri and Felix.

The next morning at 9 a.m., Ingrid reported to the section of the stables where the Pegasi and Wyverns were kept. Not to Ingrid's surprise, Sylvain wasn't there yet. Ingrid used this time to get the supplies ready and the mounts prepared. Once she got everything together, there was still no sign of Sylvain. Maybe she could let Professor Byleth know, but Ingrid had a feeling she was still sleeping.

Ingrid waited for 10 more minutes before she decided to start to head out. Right after she mounted her Pegasus, a particular red head finally showed up to the stables. Ingrid rolled her eyes at her classmate's carelessness. "There you are, I've been waiting her for 10 whole minutes for you." Ingrid scolded.

Sylvain held his hands up defensively. "Whoa whoa whoa there Ingrid, chillax. I just so happened to pass by the green house when I saw Felix there were a very flustered Annette." Sylvain said. "It seems Felix has finally made a move on a girl." He laughed.

Ingrid hopped down from her Pegasus, marched over to Sylvain, and stomped his foot a little too hard for her normal scoldings. "Ow, hey, what was that for?!" Sylvain shouted. "That one actually hurt."

"That was for both showing up late and sticking your nose into Felix's business." Ingrid said as she remounted her Pegasus and took off. "Hurry up, we have until lunch to do this and report back to the Professor."

Sylvain sighed. "Oh Ingrid, when will you learn to lighten up?" Sylvain mumbled to himself as he mounted the Wyvern. He flew after Ingrid and off they went to patrol the monastery from above.

Sylvain was bored beyond belief. Due to recent events, the monastery security has been beefed up. Chances were slim that they would even encounter anything suspicious. Ingrid kept her guard up. There was no telling what could happen, even if the chance is low. "Ingrid! Can we head back now? Clearly nothing is happening."