Prologue

On Sunday, Yuu and Grim hang around the town centre.

"Nya~that cherry parfait was so good~" said Grim, patting his stomach as he walked. "Good thing Ace is not with us today. He would've stolen a few tablespoons."

"Now now, Grim. We better walk around more to digest all the food we had, or else we won't be able to have dinner!" said Yuu.

"Lottery! Lottery! Don't give up your chance of winning the grand prize!" a voice yelled.

"I just heard something about a lottery. Let's go and see," said Grim. Yuu nodded and walked towards the voice. He then saw a stand with a board listing numbers 1-30, as well as a ball lottery machine.

"Hello, young man! Are you here to try and win the grand prize?" asked the stall owner.

"Oh, we're just checking what's going on. What's the grand prize?" asked Yuu. The stall owner took out a leaflet and handed it to Yuu.

"Let's see...pick 4 numbers on the board and turn on the lottery machine to receive four balls. If one number matches, you will receive signed photos of Vil Schoenheit and Neige LeBlanche. If two numbers match, you'll receive a fast pass to Mystery Land..." Yuu read aloud.

"If three numbers match, you'll get seven coupons from the yakiniku restaurant on Queen Street. And if all of them match...nya!?" exclaimed Grim.

"What is it!?" asked Yuu.

"If all the numbers match...you'll win 2,500,000 madols!"

"WHAT!?" shrieked Yuu.

"I know it's unbelievable, but it's true!" said the stall owner. "Why don't you give it a try?"

"Oh yes! Please! All the prizes are decent...well, except the first one," said Grim. Yuu then pinched the cat monster's cheek.

"Ow! What's that for?" yelled Grim. "Never mind, I'm going for it!" said Grim. He ran towards the board and picked his numbers carefully.

"Hmm...I'm choosing 3, 9, 11 and 19!" said Grim.

"You sure? No twenties?" asked the stall owner. Grim nodded.

"Then I wish you the best of luck!" he said. He then pressed the "Start" button on the machine and the balls inside started bouncing around. Not long after, the first ball came out.

"It's 19!" said Yuu.

"Nya-ha! That's a good sign! Please...please more numbers match!" said Grim.

The second ball came out, marked with an "11".

"It matches again! Fast Pass secured!" said the stall owner.

"If we're lucky, we'll get yakiniku coupons!" said Grim, drooling.

The third ball exited. It had a "3" on it.

"My lord! What happened to you, Grim? Another match!" said Yuu, picking Grim up.

"I don't know! Perhaps the last ball..." before Grim could finish, several onlookers gasped.

"No way..."

"Those two didn't cheat, right?"

"What are you talking about? How can we even..." was all Yuu managed to say before he took a glance at the last ball.

The ball was yellow, marked with a "9".

"You're kidding..." Yuu and Grim mumbled. Seconds later, they both cheered.

"We won 2,500,000 madols!!" the two screamed. The other people applauded.

"Congratulations! It's been a few months since anyone has won the biggest prize!" said the stall owner. He then handed Yuu an envelope.