Chapter 22: *Part 2: Part 2*

I jolted up from the bed with a long gasp. I could feel the furious beat of my heart as it hit my rib cage, its rhythm ringing in my ears. The only sound heard in the bedroom were my loud gasps as I tried to return oxygen to my lungs.

"What was that?" I gasped as I looked around the room. I did not notice anything wrong as my eyes examined the bedroom, that is, until they landed on the slightly open door, which I know I had closed and locked when I entered. I hid my scent as I slid off the bed without a sound, and I walked towards the door with quiet footsteps. As I got closer to the door, an unfamiliar smell made its way to my nostrils, its rarity making me freeze for a moment, but I forced my body to move closer, until I was a few steps away from the door.

My body screamed at me to open the door without thinking it, and my heart craved to just do it. But there was a rational part of my brain that said that I shouldn't open it yet. And as I fought to control the cravings of my body, I realised how reckless I was being. I bit down a growl of discomfort as I shook my head, and allowed my lioness to step forward, her craving to find and destroy the owner of this smell now a priority that dominated us.

Our feet moved to the wall as a slight crackling sound echoed around the room, and our muscles tensed as we glued our body to the wall. We were one. And we controlled our beating heart as we slowed it down so it didn't beat, our eyes turned red with dancing swirls of silver, and our body started to prepare itself for anything. We are the hunter, not the prey. We are the attacker, not the victim.

The door started to open, cracking slowly and without a sound. Our back hit the wall, and we acknowledged the dull sting as we forced ourselves further back. But there was no more space. We swallowed back a thunderous growl as our nostrils registered the same hideous smell of before. Our nails elongated until they transformed into our claws, and our black fur started to appear as the door opened more and more. We were slowly changing, slowly turning into the hunter as our prey obliviously walked into the den.

Even if the male entering had turned around, we knew he did not belong in our pride, and his scent was the most rare smell I had ever encountered. He was not from here, and he did not belong here. He stopped as he realized the bed I had been sleeping on a few moments ago was now empty, and began to examine the bedroom, but it was too late for him because we were already on the air.

My lioness pushed herself forward and growled, giving him time to just turn around and see us coming at him but not enough for him to do anything. Our extended claws were already on his chest when I disappeared us to the first place I thought. It was snow, apparently. Lots of snow. I didn't know where it was but I could only see white. And dark fluorescent orange. A face, white hair and dark fluorescent orange eyes. I pushed myself back as I gasped, my heart racing as my stomach twisted with some emotion I couldn't describe. My lioness, sensing my human emotions, gave a step forward and took full control.

She pinned the man's arms with her claws, and dug them, and did the same with the man's thighs. He hissed, the sound deafening to my ears, and snapped his eyes to ours. I wasn't present, I had no control, the silver in her eyes was no longer there, and in its place was vibrant blood red. She dug her claws deeper, and growled.

"Who are you to make my human feel like this?" I was cowering and she felt it, my limbs were shaking. Her voice was raspy and strong, holding power and possessiveness. The man beneath us gritted his teeth, and stared at us, the glare so intense, it felt like it went through my soul. Who was he? And why did he feel so familiar?

"Answer me, you insignificant human" Her voice was stronger as she growled at him. He didn't cower, and he made no attempt to answer. And that infuriated me. I pushed myself forward, all weakness gone, or forgotten for a moment at least, and growled. His dark eyes met my silver ones. I was in control now.

"How dare you?" His face moved, a sign of recognition, but what did he recognize? "How dare you?" I spat, the cruelty lacing my voice made my lioness proud. My other beasts paced, they wanted to know what was happening. I allowed them all to step forward, but I was still in control. My eyes were still silver, but now, red wasn't the only color swirling through them. My beasts where all present, and we all felt the same way about the creature underneath us.

"To enter my territory without permission would cost you your life" My lioness was the one who supported me the most, but all my beasts wanted to know the truth. Yet, I hesitated. Those eyes looked too familiar.

"I am ready to face the consequences, my love" I roared in his face, and after watching his reaction, I let go off him and began walking to some trees that were a mile ahead. If anything went wrong, I could lose him there and just disappear, and it would be easier to fight there. I didn't turn around as I kept walking towards the trees, but I did hear him standing up.

Who was he? What was he doing? What does he want? Does it have anything to do with the supposed war? Or... No. It can't be. It was only a stupid dream, but what if it was... He did show up right after. Maybe.

I appeared in the branches of the first tree I reached, and stopped him with my glare. There was no need for me to tell him, he stopped. The division was clear as he stood in the snow, me watching him in the first tree of many. I scanned him; he was different. But why? He stood straight, and he looked right back at me. There's something familiar about him, but what? He didn't flinch when I flashed him my fangs, or when my eyes suddenly turned red.

"What were you doing in my territory?" He looked annoyed. Luscious lips forming a thin line, and his square jaw clenching.

"You have to finish this" He snapped all of a sudden, but I just looked at him trying to figure him out. His anger and annoyance made me exhausted, as if this wasn't the first time I had to go through something like this.

"You have to stop this nonesense and come home" My lioness jumped forward suddenly, making us shift, and she roared. The tree I was on shook as she kept growling. "Stop growling at me" Hidden anger laced his calm voice as he began to shake. I couldn't stop growling, there was something in me telling me not to stop.

"Stop now, Theia" My eyes widened. He had unlocked a door that led to a room full of memories, but the room was at it's breaking point, and the memories came to me in waves.

Author Note*-*

Hey guys, I finally updated! Haha. Well, I just want to say that The Feline is nearing its end. *sobs* My precious baby grew up so fast. I don't know though, should I do a sequel? It wouldn't be right after, because I want to start a new book, which I already have the plot for, and I don't know I would have to get some ideas straight for a sequel. But yeah, let me know what you think about it.

There's several things I want to tell you guys too, so here we go:
1- I'm drowning in despair.
2- It's hard to say but I honestly prefer school now, because I come to a place where I am not welcome. The battle has gotten worse here; it's war now.
3- I feel like it's always my fault, you know? Like everything I do, it's wrong and doesn't matter. But then, I think if you guys and I don't know. Man, I get a funny feeling on my chest. And I don't know, maybe it's a good feeling but it just feels so odd, you know? I don't know.
4- The guy I liked is an asshole. Fuck that bitch. I just wasted expectations with him. Ha, thinking that there could be something. Thinking, that he could be the one. But no. Fuck that shit.
5- I've sinked. I remained swimming for quite a while, but I drowned completely the other day. I gave in. Again. And I hated it. I hated the fact that I did nothing to stop myself. But it felt... nice. It was a weird nice that I honestly don't know if it was nice nice or not. I try not to think about it.
6- I love you guys. So much.

K, so yeah. That was it. Comment, Vote and Follow!

Lots of love, my wattpaders. -Laura Elena.