Chapter 22 *Part 1*

Shadows danced around the giant pillars of the ancient castle, they lingered in the dark and hidden parts of it as they sneaked glances at their master, their King, whom was pacing furiously around the main room of his home; the throne room.

Black and crimson were the main colors of the castle, huge black chandeliers hung on the ceiling, the grand windows showing the demons and tortured souls as they walked around the realm.

"What's bothering you, master?" A brave shadow dared to ask. Its hissing voice managed to bring his master back from his thoughts, whom casted a glance at his loyal servant.

"Nothing, Isadara" His master sighed, the shadow, Isadara, casted back a glance at his fellow mates, who encouraged him by nodding at him to go. He stepped closer, his shadowy form coming out to the dim light. His footsteps made no sound as he walked towards his master; the shadow raised his hand as he approached him.

Long, skinny fingers rested in the master's shoulder, making him to stop his pacing session. He turned his neck to get a better look at his servant; deep blue eyes meeting black hollow ones.

"I don't know what's bothering you, master, but we're here for anything you might need" Isadara's voice echoed around the throne room. His master nodded, giving him a small smile, and allowed him to go, claiming that everything was fine.

Isadara scurried away, hissing under his breath, towards his shadowy partners. He knew something was bothering his master, the flames of his fire were hotter and more intense than ever and it worried him, because his master had never been this troubled before.

"We have to do something to help the master" A shadow hissed as it moved towards Isadara. Isadara nodded, already thinking of something to help his master. He looked at the numerous shadows in front of him, all of them waiting for him to tell them something so they could help his master feel better.

"Jasada, Igarin, Amayaira, and Dasai, you stay here with the master and see if he says anything involving his troubles" Isadara spoke, the shadows nodded and everyone named scurried away, except one.

"Where will you go Isadara?" Jasada, a curious shadow, asked. Isadara glanced at him and tilted his head to the side in amusement.

"I will go to Ahura Mazda, and then I'll go to the witch" He spoke, Jasada's hollow eyes widened in disbelief as he stared at the serious face of Isadara.

"You know the rules, Isadara! How can you even consider breaking them, especially when master is acting this way?" The shadow hissed quietly. Isadara nodded.

"I know I will be breaking the rules, but I also know that the master has never been this way before, and that we have to do something to help him" Isadara hissed back. Jasada glanced back at his pacing master; his hands were rubbing circles in his temples, his fingertips and feet catching fire as he paced around the room. Jasada sighed as he nodded, quite reluctantly, and looked back at Isadara.

"Be careful, it wasn't pretty the last time you encountered some of the angels" Jasada mumbled in defeat. Isadara grinned, showing off his white and sharp teeth.

"It is hilarious how easy you can get under their skin" He mused.

"If I had eyes, I would've rolled them" Jasada turned around and scurried away. Isadara had enough time to see how the other shadow climbed one of the pillars and settled on the big chandelier above the master, before he turned around to go.

***

The forest was quiet, the cold breeze running restlessly around the trees and between the leaves, meaning that autumn was just about to make its appearance. The sun was finally going down, letting the last rays of sun adorn the forest before they disappeared completely. The moon started rising a few moments later, its yellowish shine giving the forest a little light, but not completely illuminating it.