Chapter 9

He bursted through the door with so much grace and class, I almost sighed dreamily. His muscular and tall body makes the door look small; he is 6'9 with a killer body. His strong arms were crossed over his defined chest as he leaned in the frame of the door, his masculine features made his ocean-like eyes stand out and his black hair was messy and looked as soft as the best silk.

A moment later I realized that I was gaping at him; I composed myself and looked at him. His eyes roamed my naked body in such hunger my gut filled with desire. His eyes locked with mine and I nearly gasped at the hunger and intensity. He lifted his shirt, revealing his eight-pack to my virgin eyes, I lowered my eyes to it and a throb in my south region made my cheeks turn red.

It's in moments like this I'm grateful I can hide my scent.

He removed his shirt completely and came towards me, his jeans the only thing covering his sweet body. He covered my body from everyone and placed a hand on my waist, pulling me towards him as he gave me his white shirt.

"Put it on, I don't want anyone watching your beautiful body" I blushed and looked away from his eyes; I grabbed his shirt and put it on, exposing more of me. His shirt was two or three sizes bigger than mine, reached mid-thigh and had his manly scent in it. His eyes locked with mine and I blushed harder. His hand remained on my waist as he examined my face, and still remained when he turned and spoke.

"Len informed me of the situation, everything except why she's naked and my cousin has a green mix on his cheek" His deep and rough voice sent a shiver through my spine and he grinned at me. What a bastard, he enjoys and knows the effect he has on me.

"She's naked because of Aurelius's black energy and the mix is because she managed to scratch him and burn him, Lucifer" I widened my eyes and looked at him, at Lucifer. He's gorgeous.

Wait, Aurelius is his cousin? Oops.

"So you died, came back from death, got burned alive, managed to burn my cousin and you're still here? How? The burning I mean" He looked at me as he talked, as if I was the only person in the room; as if it was only him and me. Oh boy, I'm in deep shit.

"My skin heals itself, obviously. I mean; if I got killed then came back from death, what can a simple burn do to me?" I mused. "I'm still dead anyway, or do you hear a heartbeat?" I grinned.

"No I don't. You're not breathing" He frowned and I chuckled at his expression. He's a little slow.

"Comes with the package of being dead" I shook my head and gave a step towards the door, making his warm hand fall from my waist. I felt his intense eyes on me as I discretely walked towards the door. Aurelius and the two archangels were far enough from the door for me to get to it and get out.

"Can I have the honor of knowing the name of the lady who made one of my best warriors lose the calm, made my cousin lose his control, the lady who is very mysterious indeed and is causing a lot of trouble in heaven?" He grinned; admiration and mischief shining in those ocean eyes of his.

I looked at him. The words he used resembled the ones my father once talked. He would've said exactly what Lucifer said but with more courtesy. He was a great father, great leader and an awesome friend. I remember when he explained to me how to shift in my felines; him and my mother where the only ones who knew about all my forms, no one from my Pride knew. My Pride.

A wave of sadness hit me as I thought about my family, my first one; the real one. The family I grew up with, the family that has my memories buried with them. The family that is dead. Dead by the werewolf race, dead by the hands of Ericsson Underwood, the king of the werewolf race, the ancestor of my 'mate'.