Chapter 38 - Training

Tommy stood in the temple with Nightmare and Ranboo, a rapier in his hand, and Ranboo with what he remembered Techno calling an estoc? (Pronounced S-tock) To him it was just a really long point that could easily turn anyone into a kebab.
It confused him though. An estoc is a primarily thrusting weapon, there is barely any slicing edge with the way it's forged and grounded. But when taking into account Ranboo's height and size it does make sense to use a long range weapon. His arm length would allow him to reach far away opponents with a similar if not more powerful blow to that of a spear and with his height he could easily use the blade to block attacks and manoeuvre around his opponent. There were too many draw backs though. The estoc is a thrusting weapon meaning slices were pointless. Literally. They would do SOME cutting damage and maybe a little bludgeoning damage but that's it! It was useless it quick combat. Ranboo would never survive in a fight, not with a blade like that.
That's why he always chose a rapier, it was good at slicing and piercing and it was also remarkably light and flexible for how strong the tempered metal was. He would be able to slice his opponents as well as stab them, the open guard of the handle allows for full motion in battle should you need to go from targeting an opponent in front of you to turning around and going for a person behind you.
He could tell just from the chosen blades that he had an advantage. He would be able to manoeuvre around his opponent, striking at weak points and even hitting vital areas, all while they were trying to get the blade point to face him.
It was a fight he was bound to win.

He wasn't about to lose to the likes of HIM.

Not when he has won against the angel of death.

He wasn't going to lose ever again...

Both blades clashed in the middle. Ranboo attempted to force Tommy back but it didn't work. He quickly slid round to Ranboo's side and struck the pommel into his kidney. Ranboo held his side with his free hand and turned around to hit Tommy only to not see him. As he went to turn he felt the needle of a blade point held to his neck.
"I won" he said, stern and forceful, not even panting in the slightest.
Nightmare stood to the side clapping
'You're quick'
"You have to be"
'That sort of speed only comes with years of practice.'
"And I've done those years...
Or do you not remember?"
Tommy turned to face nightmare and glared. Nightmare knew. He just wanted to be patronising and Tommy knew that.
"Say something stupid like that again and I'll break the fucking mask, do you understand?" Tommy said, still holding his glare.
'You could always try, there's a reason it doesn't break.'
"Keep testing me and we'll find out."

Tommy turned back to Ranboo and held his sword up.
"Come on now Ranboo. I know you can fight better then this. Actually try and hit me this time, alright?"
"Fine."
Both of them got into position and lunged.
Ranboo's sword went towards the face, Tommy's went to the side, pushing Ranboo's blade off course, but now before nicking Tommy on the cheek.
He lunged, aiming to pierce Ranboo's stomach but the latter moved away and kicked kicked him to the ground. Tommy fell into a role and got back up quickly, turning to face his opponent again only to see the tip of the blade getting closer to his chest. He did a backflip, kicking Ranboo's sword up but it wasn't enough to disarm him, he landed in a crouch and kicked Ranboo's legs from under him.
The taller male landed with a thud as Tommy got up and pointed his blade at Ranboo's neck once again.
"Looks like I won again."

Tommy's eyes glowed, a stoic frown still on his face.

"I don't think there's much I'm gonna be able to teach you." Ranboo said with a grin as he stood up.
"I need to know how to fight long range. You prefer that fighting style, you prefer a bow and throwing knives.
Teach me that."

Ranboo smiled at the smaller male.

"Then let's begin."

————————
I'm sorry for being gone so long. I'm moving into my university accommodation today and it's been a stressful few weeks trying to get everything together.
I hope you liked this chapter, I'll try and update soon but it might be hard seeing as I'm moving to a new city entirely.
Anyway goodbye and thank you so much for your patience. Xxx