Chapter 41 - He's gone. Isn't he.

Phil sat inside his house staring at the glistening white snow that had fallen over night.
Ghostbur was meant to have come back yesterday.
He hadn't returned yet.

Techno came in and sat next to him with two cups of hot chocolate in his hands. He passed on to the older male and started to drink his own. "Come on Dad, he's gonna be alright, he probably took shelter in a cave to avoid the snow storm when it hit."
Phil looked at his eldest son. "I hope you're right mate."
Techno's reinsurance didn't help much to calm his nerves though. He knows Wilbur, and by extension he knows Ghostbur. The ghost wouldn't just leave and not come back, he was always punctual, always on time, even if it may have inconvenienced him to get there. Wilbur had once traveled three days in a storm to get back home in time for Phil's birthday.

He wouldn't be late.

Not because of a storm.

Phil knew something was wrong but he pushed it it the back of his mind and pretended it didn't exist.
He was just being paranoid. He had only recently lost Tommy so of course he would be a little defensive and overly protective of the two people left in his life.
He couldn't stand losing his sons.

——

Phil was pacing now.
The snow storm had completely stopped now and Ghostbur was nowhere in sight.
It had been ten days now.
Ghostbur had been gone for ten days.
He promised he'd be back by the seventh.

He still wasn't back.
He was still gone.
He didn't know what to do.
He couldn't lose Ghostbur too.
He was the last thing he had of his little boy.

He couldn't lose Ghostbur too.

——

He was gone for two weeks now.

He promised he'd only be a week.

.

.

.

He wasn't coming back. Was he?