Chapter 1

What time is it?

How did I get in my bed? My head pounded savagely. A low moan escaped my dry lips and I licked them slowly. How much did I drink? The memories were hazy, muddled from the hard liquor I consumed like water. What happened yesterday? Wha- I sat up as bile forced its way up my throat. I barely made to the toilet before puking the mostly liquid vomit down the toilet. When my throat became raw from the dry heaving I finally gave up.

I sat near the toilet, thinking back on what led me here. Why I was blackout drunk and woke up with a harsh hangover. I gripped my hair tightly, tugging as tears ran down my face. Why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? Questions continued their assault on my broken mind.

My silent suffering was halted when urgent knocks sounded at my door. I slowly stood up, stumbling out of the bathroom and into my living room.

"Jessie, open up! We're worried about you. Come on, wake up!" The pounding continued, worsening my intense headache. I made my way to door and opened it, revealing the faces of my friends.

"Oh my God, you look like shit. Is that vomit on your shirt?" I didn't answer and walked over to the couch sitting down with a heavy plop. My head lolled over the top of the couch and my eyes fluttered closed. God this hangover was brutal.

"Hey, we need to get you cleaned up. Alyssa, go get some water and ibuprofen." Alyssa replied okay before heading to my bathroom.

"Ew, there's vomit everywhere!" She gagged slightly. A minute later, I felt a glass being put to my lips. "Drink, idiot." I swallowed the cool water without opening my eyes.

"Take these. Don't spit them up or I'll force them down your throat." Cameron threatened. I opened my mouth and pills were popped in my mouth with the glass of water. I groaned when I swallowed and sighed.

"What are you guys doing here?" I rasped.

"Saving you from yourself. Stop drinking yourself to death, okay? This has gone on for too long. You need help." I lifted my head to object. "I don't ne-", Cam interrupted me.

"Yes you do! All you do is mope around and drink yourself into a stupor. I should've gotten you help sooner. Come on, let's get some food in you. I brought McDonald's." Her hand guided my back as I sat up slowly. I ate my burger lazily but Cameron made sure I ate all of it.

"Come on, your first session starts at 3." Wait what?

"What session?" I asked alarmed.

Cam smirked, "Your first therapy session. Go get freshened up. Let's go!"

I stood in front of a massive office building, contemplating whether I should open the door or try to escape Cam's tight grip on my shoulder. She really didn't want me running away.

"They already know who you are. You just have to walk in there." She said, gesturing towards the door. "If you want, I can walk in there with you." I considered it before sighing and saying okay. We walked inside and approached the front desk.

"Hi, we're here for an appointment with Dr. Cole." Cam spoke confidently. Sometimes I wished I was like her. She had everything. Loving parents, who was also rich as fuck, and her girlfriend Mia. Those two are like two peas in a pod and I was expecting them to be engaged soon. Maybe then Hazel would've stayed and I wouldn't feel so worthless and unlovable. I need to get it together.

My fingers tapped the counter as Cam spoke to the receptionist.

"Dr. Cole is in office 114. You can head on back." She smiled politely. Cam thanked her and faced me.