Chapter 2

Music blared from the speakers at my favorite gay club, Uproar. The vibes here was chill and they had events every week.

"One, two, three, go!" Everyone downed shot after shot. I slammed the last glass down, yelling in victory.

"I'm still the champ!" It didn't take long for a light buzz to improve my headspace. My confidence increased to the point where I wanted to dance.

"Let's go hit the floor!" I yelled to Cam. She grinned widely, definitely a bit tipsy. "Let's go!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. 'How deep is your love' began playing and I got my best valley girl dance moves ready. Throwing my hands up when the beat dropped. I cackled when Cam did the same. She ran her hands down her body and then grabbed my hands, forcing me to dance with her. I let the buzz take over and danced my heart out. We shimmied back and forth before swinging our arms in a circular motion. We looked fucking ridiculous but I didn't care. This was the first time I had real fun in weeks.

After making a fool of ourselves, we went back to our friends. Nova finally showed up. She didn't say anything as she approached me. I smiled at her and she pulled me into a hug. Nova wasn't a talker but I heard her whisper in my ear, "I'm glad you're back. How do you feel?" I pulled back and answered,

"Better, it's good to see you too. I'm sorry I disappeared like that. Hazel really broke me." I admitted. Nova nodded, before going to sit next to her girlfriend, Isabelle. Speaking of Isabelle, her eyes brightened when she saw me. I noticed she was definitely tipsy.

"Jessie! Oh my God, I missed you so much. Where have you been?" She cooed. Isabelle was the hyper, overly happy one.

I shrugged, "I had to get away for a while. Slow down on the drinks, Is, the night just started." I scolded. She pouted but then agreed, going to sit on Nova's lap. Nova was another extremely fit member of our group. She worked out almost daily. I worked out with her occasionally but she loved to run my body to the ground so I worked out by myself mostly. Nova had a rough background growing up. Abusive foster parents and her parents died when she was a kid. Cam and her became friends in high school after Cam stood up for her against bullies.

"Hey! We in this bitch! What's good y'all? The baddest bitch has arrived!" The loud mouthed womanizer known as Casey shouted as she approached us.

"Can you shut your loud ass up? Damn!" Cam snapped. Casey shrugged.

"You still love my pasty ass. Holy shit, is that Jessie? I never thought I'd see your heartbroken ass at another club!" Casey hollered. I shook my head.

"Hey Case, you still don't have volume down button on that mouth of yours? Everyone can hear our damn conversation." I said rolling my eyes.

"My bad, glad you're here though. I needed someone to get my moves on with." She said, her voice lower than when she entered. Casey's Jersey accent refused to allow her to speak at lower volumes. The annoying accent still attracted girls to her. Though it was mostly her looks. Casey was a skinny, light brown eyed woman, with short brown hair and an undercut. Her eyebrow was slit and her smile could brighten a whole room. She was also funny as hell. And she always brought positive energy to the group.

"Hell yeah, man let's go." I jumped up and we walked to dance floor. We moved to the beat of some random club song. I'm not hyping myself up but I'm a good dancer. Our dancing attracted attention from the other club goers. My confidence was high so I gently pulled a dancer close to my body and she accepted the invitation, grinding on me. She was really good and kept up with my movements. I looked at Case, and she was already dancing with someone else. When I scanned the floor, I noticed the familiar blonde I saw only hours ago. My mouth ran dry at the sight of her. She wore a tight black dress that accentuated every curve. I absentmindedly licked my lips. She was dancing with another woman friend who I assumed was her friend. I quietly thanked the girl I was dancing with and made my way over to where she was. The girl pouted in disappointment but didn't complain. Elisa's noticed me before she did. I reached hearing distance and greeted her.