Chapter 4

Next week came and I still hadn't heard from Lani. I wondered what I did wrong but I didn't dwell too long on it cause today I had a session with Elisa. My nerves were shot and I worried what she was going to say about what I did in the restroom that day.

My nerves got even worse as I approached her door. I cleared my throat and knocked firmly. The door swung open and the woman she was on the date with stood inside with Elisa. I controlled my facial expression from reacting the way it wanted to.

"Um, hey Jessie, Faye is just leaving." She motioned to the door. Faye eyed me for a second before looking at Elisa and saying, "Call me." She brushed me past and left, closing the door behind her.

I plopped on the couch, waiting for the session to start. Elisa sat in her chair and I took the time to admire her. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a neat bun and she was dressing in a white, long sleeved shirt that was rolled up and black dress pants. I could feel my mouth go dry and it suddenly felt hot in here.

"So, how are you doing today?" She asked. I fiddled with my fingers, not knowing where to start.

"I'm sorry about what I did in the restroom." I blurted, not able to keep it to myself.

"It's just, you're really attractive and when we meet outside of here, I forget that you're my therapist. But I won't make any passes at you anymore. Or-" Elisa interrupted me.

"Jessie, relax. I'm not mad. I'm a professional, and I never made it a habit to get attracted to my patients. But...recently it's been hard to stay objective. So it's not all on you cause I enabled it to an extent." I suddenly felt warm. She was attracted to me. A slow smile creeped on my face. Elisa narrowed her eyes at that.

"However, I want to keep my job so nothing will happen as long as you're my patient." Shit, I'll stop being her patient. But talking with her helped me a lot. I've been seeing her for almost a month and my mental health has been improving. I didn't want to risk it.

"Fine, but now I know you're attracted to me." I said, a cheesy grin on my face. Elisa shook her head but I didn't miss the smile on her face growing.

I decided that I was going Worldwide gym and hoped Lani would be there. When I walked in the doors, I immediately spotted her behind the front desk. Smirking, I made my way over to her. When she saw me, her eyes widened and she looked away.

"Are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?" I licked my lips, waiting for an answer. 

"I've just been busy. You know, with work and school." She said, busying herself with something behind the desk in an effort to avoid looking at me. I rolled my eyes. Was that the excuse she was going to give me?

"Yeah, I forgot sending a simple text takes up all your time." I deadpanned. Why did this even make me upset? I didn't need stupid shit in my life right now. I scoffed and headed to the locker room to change.

I got a good workout in but my mood was ruined with this issue about Lani. I liked talking to her and I don't understand what I did for her to avoid me. Changing shirts in the locker room, I decided to just chalk it up to a friendship fail. She didn't owe me anything nor did I owed her. The lock room door opening broke my thoughts and in comes Lani. I decide to ignore her presence and focus on getting my things out the locker. When I turned around, she was waiting at the door, fiddling with her fingers. I approached the entrance of the locker room and she looked up at me, her honey brown eyes roaming over my body before meeting my eyes. I resisted the urge to smirk.

"Excuse me." I said flatly.

"Wait Jessie, I really was busy." She started, "Balancing an internship, part time job, and school is difficult. And I haven't had time to respond to your texts. I'm sorry about that." Her eyes fell to the floor and I got irritated. I walked up to her and lifted her chin to meet my eyes. She was shorter than me by a few inches. I was 5'9 and she looked to be 5'5 or 5'6. Hazel met brown as we stared at each other.