Icarus and inspiration

His sugar onyx eyes scanned the words written in front of him, frowning. Je was called the Prince of Romance by his fans and yet he couldn't write a bilingual song. Yes, he wanted a Hindi and English version, he had a bet going on with Shirley that he could write a very non toxic romantic song and sing it in English and Hindi, don't ask.

Amaal had already tried to help by finding him some inspiration and offering to produce the song. But no one could blame Armaan if he went to look for inspiration on twitter, it had a large amount of people who wrote or even copy pasted quotes and poems.

The first thing interesting on his timeline was that girl Amaal had been teasing him with, the YouTuber who thought he was "disrespectful" and "cute". Shaking his head, he let his eyes wander over the text she had tweeted:

Savya24 @Savya_24

A misty droplet kisses my temple,
A confirmation,
That happiness was a hallucination.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Find me a better love story than Apollo and Icarus. Find me a worse heart break than the one of a dying dream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(yes I wrote this, no you're not allowed to copy, children)

New video out! Enjoy! (^^)

Armaan titled his head. Those lines were beautiful. Happines was a hallucination. So beautiful. He didn't know any Apollo and Icarus stories but judging from the second part of the quote, he assumed searching that would be pretty interesting. His lips lifted into a reluctant smile as he added that to his mental list of possible inspiration.

He looked at the link of the video and bit his lip, wondering, if he should see it. He looked at his watch and decided, if he didn't get interested in the video in the first three minutes, he would move onto finding inspiration. He simply didn't have the time to laze.

The video opened in an aquamarine room, the bedsheet on the bed and the curtains a shade darker than the walls. The camera was probably set on a desk, a comfortable looking chair; empty.  A particular beige and tangerine teddy bear caught his eye, sitting at the side table beside the bed, looking pretty neat and tidy but the buttons and eyes on him were testament of how old he was.

So, yeah, Armaan Malik was a sucker for teddy bears and called them with pronouns. Sue him.

He saw a figure enter the frame, a young girl, definately younger than him. She was wrapped in a maroon hoodie that said 'I might be wrong but I doubt it', which made Armaan smile, that was something he would totally wear, if he wasn't sure his mom would end him.

She had a round shaped face, brilliant black and gold rectangle framed glasses rested on her button nose and and hands, covered with sweater paws, wildly wringing around. Her raven hair was tied in a bun, her side swept bangs covering half of her forehead as she bopped her head to some song he couldn't hear.

"Hello old people who know I'm a menace and new people who hopefully will know. How's we doing today, oh great midgardians?" She plopped, very ungracefully, on the chair, almost falling off in the process. Armaan couldn't process things, if he ever made a video, he was pretty sure he wasn't going to pull this kind of attitude and outfit off.

It seemed utmost unprofessional.

She didn't look cute as many other might have. She just looked like she rolled out of bed, brushed her teeth and started the video. Armaan supposed she might be ill but her voice wasn't raspy, completely opposite actually. He pushed the thought out of his mind and refocused on the video.

"So, first of all, anyone commenting about how I'm looking like a potato in maroon will face my curse that they shall never have a chance with their crush." Armaan laughed as he saw her lips twitch, obviously holding in laughter. "It's one of the bad days today, guys. So, lets talk about just how very wrong old movies were."

Armaan winced, he understood what bad days were. He wasn't as ignorant as people liked to think.

He had gone through the same phase, the urge to just disappear. How someone managed to sound cheerful in a bad day was beyond him.

She went on to talk about a movie Armaan had never heard of, Chhoti si baat, starring Vidhya Saha, Amol Palekar and Ashok Kumar. The way she talked about it seemed like she couldn't understand whether to hate it or like it.

He didn't even realise when he spent 12 minutes of his 30 minutes break listening to this stranger talk and post memes in between.

She took a deep breath and gave a quirk of her lips,"For a bad day, I've already talked out of my capacity. I'll be spending rest of the day hibernating, thank you." Armaan shook his head, pretty sure she was using the term wrong. "So, at the end, all I can say is, this movie is worth watching. Yeah, it has pretty bad sense and will make you cringe into the next year but Amol Palekar and Ashok Kumar make everything worth it. The songs are pretty good, too. My brain is still yelling at me janeman janeman tere do nayan. What do you think I was dancing on?"

Armaan shook his head with a silent chuckle muttering,"Of course." She gave a peace sign and sighed,"Ciao, people. Enjoy your lives, love yourselves and stay blessed." As soon as she covered the camera with her palm, Armaan leant back and closed YouTube, feeling happy and giddy. He took a screenshot of the words she had written, making sure to search up Apollo and Icarus soon.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Armaan Malik tweeted

Oh how I wish to know Icarus and his dream