The live, part 1

Amaal's lips twisted into a subconscious smile as he glanced at his brother again in the past ten minutes.

Armaan thought he was being slick but he could never hide anything from his elder brother, it was just impossible. Amaal had noticed, after that tweet about that poem last week, Armaan was very interested in that girl, Savya.

Savya was a YouTuber, number one in Asia, passing Bhuvan Bam and Carryminati with neck to neck competition. She wasn't really much of a name to the younger until last week, after that tweet. Amaal already knew her from the records she broke the year before.

It had been a week and there wasn't much happening on that side of their lives, and Amaal knew that Armaan expected more from that interaction.

In an attempt to distract himself from the ever morbid line of thought of Amaal stole a look at the paper sitting infront of his restless brother.

"You're the reason my eyes open,
The reason," Armaan hadn't been able to come up with something more. He was muttering things under his breath that would sound nice but couldn't seem to decide on it, instead focusing on glancing at his phone seemingly every minute.

Even in the dimly lit room, Armaan's eyes were bright with curiosity and impatience.

Armaan's phone pinged and he snatched it from the table, a snicker passing from Amaal's lips at his brother. He was about to go back to his own pile of work but Armaan stopped him.

"Amaal," he said, sounding both happy and worried, somehow,"So, you know that Savya person? She's reacting on us, live." It piqued his interest. It also explained why Armaan was so worried. It mattered to them, what other people thought of their music, if they liked it.

Maybe that was their own insecurities from their teenage years, when they were still young, impressionable and just kids.

He didn't reply, just pulled his chair over towards his brother's and sat beside him, giving him a reassuring grin,"Of course. I'm pretty sure she'll like it. Probably you too, less handsome brother."

Armaan scoffed, a smile creeping on his face and nose turning upward a bit,"As if you're better than me. You look like a homeless idiot prancing around just because he can. Look at that beard! Ever heard of a razor?"

Amaal mock glared at him,"Teri aati nhi isiliye jealous mat ho."

It did what he hoped, he'd eased some of Armaan's nerves just as the black screen started of the video started coming to life, comments under not withstanding.

Amaal's eyes first went to the girl in a black half sleeve top of some kind, (yeah he isn't fashion savvy, can you blame him?) and a light blue jeans, her straight hair falling on her shoulders, sharp almond shaped eyes looking at the camera and then turning to look at the other girl.

He recognised this spectacles wearing girl, Savya. Savya was dressed in a cotton long sleeved beige t-shirt and harerm trousers, sitting criss crossed on a chair, somehow.

The new girl went out of frame and Savya started speaking, pushing aside some hair from her eyes, twisting her ponytail into a messy bun, and not the stylish one. "Get your earphones or move away from people who reprimand you for language because today, hell's going down."

Off to a great start, Amaal thought with a chuckle, seeing his brother mirror the same. "Ready? Good. That was Chee, she's gonna join us for some time before leaving again, because my best friend isn't velli like me." Then, the girl, Chee, as Savya called her, came back with a chair, a smile on her heart-shaped face.

She chuckled,"And before any of you start calling me that, that's reserved for Savu. I am Doctor Shuchi Bhargav. Nice to meet y'all, officially."

This caused a wave of laugher emojis in the comments and a startled snickers from the brothers themselves. Savya stretched as Shuchi sat, "Welcome to another episode of Savya doesn't shut the fuck up, today we're gonna talk about how you little shits are demanding me to react to Mallik brothers and how I should drown y'all in the Arabic sea."