Chapter 18: Battle on the beach

Been a while

Kelp path
Waking up From his weird nap in the pokemon center, Neil heads towards kelp path before searching for the Inn Amala told him about.

Filled with trainers playing around with their aquatic pokemon on the Sandy beach side.

"Hey kid, want some lemonade?" A bartender on the beach said to Neil trying to get a new customer.

"No thanks, I make my own" Neil shows him a device from his bag, converting a yellow stone into the lemony juice.

"Ummmmm.... okay.." the bartender said as he looked at the contraption.

Neil gathered information on some topics one being that a renowned trained by the name of Logan was arrested for murder, but it was most likely a set up to get him out of the way of a plot.

Neil then encounters two objects in the beach a strange whit shell (shell bell) and a blue orb radiating dragonic energy (soul dew).

After that he passed by sunlight inn and wanted to enter only to be distracted by a familiar voice.

"Ah haha haha!, We did it Sceptile!, That was easy with better control of mega evolution" a loud girl with blonde hair yelled.

"Even the beach isn't safe from your annoying personality" Neil mocked the girl as he got closer.

"Haaa! Neil?! What are you doing here now, don't tell me you're still stalking me?!" The girl now revealed to be Cybil yelled.

"Like I'd be stalking someone as weird as you, I'm investigating something about the shady, heard of them?" Neil asked ignoring her previous statement.

"The shady? Never heard of them, Anyway! I challenge you to a battle to prove engineer BC's mega stones are better than your unholy creations!" Cybil preaches as if she's a pastor.

"Sighhhhhh, whatever, bring it on" Neil readies a Pokeball.

"Umbreon, showtime!" Neil sends out he's newly evolved dark type fox pokemon.

"Talonflame, burn up!" Cybil send out her blazing fire bird out.

"Umbreon use dark pulse on it's wing" Neil commanded.

"Dodge it and counter with aerial ace!" Cybil yells and her bird gets out of the way.

"Flaaaaaaaa!" The bird the delivers a sharp hit with it's wings knocking Umbreon up into the air.

"Umbrrrrrii!" The black fox cat cries out, the attack was a critical hit.

"Shake it off and re enter with quick attack!" Neil commands.

"Um... Breon!!!" The beast retains it's senses and rushes Talonflame with a quick tackle however...

'burst!' a blaze overcame Umbreon as soon as he touched the bird.

"Oh no!" Neil realized he had  made a horrible mistake.

"Ha ha you fell for it! Talonflames ability is flame body, physical contact may cause the opponent a burn! Now then finish this with brave bird!" Cybil directs her final blow.

"Taaaaaa!" The bird glows golden and flies straight at Umbreon.

"Dodge it!" Neil yells however.

"Umm!!!!" 'Boom!' the black cat takes the hit directly to the side, he wasn't fast enough to dodge due to his burn, Umbreon faints that instant.

"Damnit, return Umbreon, thanks, now then crobat some out!" Neil send out his flying poison bat.

So it's an Ariel battle you want now hah? Talonflame Ariel ace!" Cybil orders and talonflame rushes the bat.