➡️ 004

Beautiful Night : FOUR

Beautiful Night • chapter 04

"Eh? Aren't you the man i just saw?" Merina ask.

"Um...y-yes, it's me." Namjoon then look down. He don't want to make the eye contact with Merina. Merina kinda feel weird...she then walk towards Namjoon.

"May i know who are you?" Merina start to ask. Namjoon turn to Merina. He walk backward when Merina come toward him.

"I-"

Merina stop her walk. "Are you--afraid of me?"

"Uh...no, i-"

"Hahaha. No need to afraid of me. I don't eat human, i eat food. And definetely not human. By the way, it's my first time seeing you here."

Namjoon scratch his neck. "Well...i am not used to come here often but i do come here for at least once in a week."

"Oh...Okay."

"And you?" Namjoon ask.

"Hm? Me? Well, i often come here. Just to look out this families. I'm not familiar with these city and these folks are helping me throughout."

"Oh, i see..."

Merina then sit down, her eyes locking to the phenomenal skies. She put up a big smile. She wish her family can see what her seeing right now. Wonder what her family doing in the village...

"Are you okay?" Namjoon ask before he sit.

Okay? "I don't know how to answer that rightly but i always say i am fine and okay. When actually it is--"

"Not." Namjoon say. He look up to sky too. "I feel the same way you felt. It hurts to keep pretending okay in front of people. That hurt...really..."

Merina turn to Namjoon.

"I just want to be a normal person without getting chased by popularity things."

"So...you saying that you don't like to be popular?"

Namjoon nod. "Yes. Because i hate it."

Merina laugh. Wow. This is her first time, people tell her that 'popular' is what he 'dislikes' the most.

"Did you just laugh?" Namjoon look at Merina.

"I'm sorry...i can't hold my laughter. For the first time, this is the best sentence ever."

"I know. You think i'm weird?"

"No. It's not like that. Well, it is kind of weird but it's superb. No one have ever said like this before. And i like it."

"I take that as a compliment."

"Hahah, it is indeed a compliment."

"Oh, um, thanks...?"

"Surely, welcome." Merina then look up to the sky again. Today it the best night ever.

"Where have you been Namjoon?" Mrs Kim ask to Namjoon. Namjoon smile and hug her. "Thanks mom..."

"What? What are you thanking me for? Hm?"

"Thanks for everything..." Namjoon say. What make him say this? Is there something wrong with him? Or is it because of---'Merina' ?

Mrs Kim don't know what had possessed her son but whatever, it make her happy. Look how worry she was when Namjoon start to become an anti-sosial person. That makes her heartbroken.

"What a good view. Isn't it young lady?" grandpa ask to Merina.

Merina just smile. Is grandpa saying about them? Yes, them. Merina and Namjoon. The guy who didnt reply her 'hi' for the first time. But, knowing who Namjoom was, that makes Merina understand him why he being like that.

"Beautiful night will be beautiful if a lover hold their hand. With the moon shines, they make the night look very perfect." grandpa say.

He then drink his coke. Well , he is saying the truth.

...tbc