Pretending To Like Someone Else - Childe- (one-shot)

Uhm ok
I'm just gonna use lumine as the fake crush cos idk who else I'm sorry 😭😭

Fluff 🤔😩idk
Modern au
1.3k words

Childe

You really really liked your childhood best friend, and to find out he had a crush on some random girl you had met twice broke your heart. 'lumine' was her name, she had short blond hair and always wore cute white or pale cream clothes that complimented her Amber eyes, to say she was pretty was an understatement, she was one of the most attractive girls in the school. No wonder childe liked her.

You would be lying if you said you didn't cry your eyes out the night after you found out. you had put on a smile in front of him hoping to convince him that you were happy for him, that you didn't mind at all. Childe was known as the popular boy, the boy 80%of the school loved- romantically or not majority thought he was just cool and nice in general. you were merely his childhood best friend. Sure he trusted you with everything, but over the years he had made other friends and you were definitely not his only best friend anymore.

Perhaps it was his parents telling him to continue being close with you, maybe it was an act of pity. You couldn't gather a single good reason to why he would still be friends with you. Whatever, you might aswel enjoy hanging out with him until he gets together with lumine, then you know for sure you won't be able to bare being in the same room as them.

You sighed softly and got ready for another day of school, walking out the door to be greeted with childes grinning figure waving at you. "hey girlie" (I'M SORRY KABSJ😈😈) that was the name he had given you a few years back 'girlie' you thought it was a cute nickname, and you even thought perhaps he could return your feelings. But alas you were just being hopeful and your wishes were not granted. The reason he gets up early everyday to meet you before school and walk to your same high-school together, you do not know.

"did you eat breakfast?" he asked, flicking your forehead playfully once you had walked over to stand beside him. "no- OW, rude" he sighed, "y/n you need to eat for your health." you rolled your eyes starting to walk well continuing the current conversation . Why did he care anyways? "it's fine I'm not that hungry anyways." you turned around after noticing childe had paused for a second, only for a piece of bread to be stuffed in your mouth, "here you can have half my breakfast, I knew you wouldn't have any so I brought it to school" he gave you the cutest grin, you thought you were gonna burst.

You two arrived at school. Him giving you a small half-hug and running over to his other friends, leaving you alone. They were talking about something you don't know nor did you care, but you started taking glances once lumine walked over to the group and joined into the conversation, they seemed to be agreeing to something. Then lumine smirked and said something to childe, causing the group to laugh as he turned red.

You thought- for a split second as childe was red from the unknown comment lumine made that he glanced your way. You couldn't tell if he actually did or not. But your theory was confirmed when two of the other people in the group turned to give you a small look then quickly turning back to the group to continue the conversation. They were talking about you. They had to be.

(time skip) ^~^

After your first class, none of the other classes you had to go to included childe, up until lunch. depending on the day you usually  sat by yourself during lunch, or with the friend group of girls that was always nice to you.

Today you sat by yourself. Eating your cafeteria-bought lunch slowly as you scrolled through your phone, occasionally taking a sip of your (canned soft-drink) you had bought earlier. You hadn't noticed the tall ginger-haired boy stand up, you hadn't noticed him walk over in your direction, you only just noticed him as he loomed over you smiling with a small 'hello'.

"a-ah, hey childe" childe was the nickname you had given him to try and get him to stop calling you girlie, it didn't work and ended up as a running gag between you two. To others he was known as tartaglia or to his close family and you he was also known as 'ajax'.

"uhm" he started, rasing his hand to scratch at the nape of his neck. Giving you a sheepish grin "you wanna goto a friend of mines party later tonight? I might need moral support" he winked. You guessed he was talking about being in the same area as lumine when he said he needed you for moral support. "eh, sure." you didn't really care, you thought it would be more fun than going home and watching. "great! I'll pick you up later tonight" he said excitedly headed back to his usual seat.

(time skipp)

You wore a black graphic top above a creamy white long-sleeved button up dress-shirt with black jeans and silver chains wrapping around your hip. Childe was waiting outside, in the exact same spot as he stood earlier that morning. "wow y/n," childe said looking at your outfit "you look so cute" that comment caused you to blush. ALOT. Why did he get to be unfair on you like this? He liked someone else why would he hit on you? You grumbled as you tried to recollect your thoughts as the two if you walked to the party destination.

You only knew a handful of the people there, you stuck to childe for the majority of it. Til the idea of truth or dare spin the bottle came up. Basically how it worked was you span a bottle and the person it landed on, would receive a truth or a dare from you.

A handsome boy, who looked a about a year older than childe, named zhongli span the bottle. The tip of the bottle slowed down revealing it facing towards none other than your crush himself. You didn't quite catch what happened but zhongli had raised his eyebrows to childe, signaling something and childe had responded with a small dip of his head, almost unnoticeable. "I choose dare." the two of them locked eyes as the end of zhonglis straight face turned to a broad smirk.

"I dare you..." the dark-haired boy paused "to kiss the prettiest girl in the room". Oh you got it. He was confessing to lumine. Childe looked at you smiling. This is him asking for me to wish him luck, you thought to yourself, him hoping she returns the feelings. Your thoughts got interrupted by something being pushed against your lips. He kissed you.

Your eyes flutter shut, the kiss was short. He pulled back to examine your reaction, making sure you were happy with his actions. When he saw your star-struck gaze and the evident bright hue of red plastered across your cheeks and nose, his ears and the tip of his nose turned a soft pink and he gave the most genuine smile you had ever seen.

"I-I thought you liked lumine?" you looked into his bright blue eyes, lumine snickered. "hah! As if. I asked him out ages ago, the boy really only has eyes for you.". Childes face was now a darker shade or red, from his friend pretty much outing him. "y-yeah, sorry that was me trying to stop liking you because I thought you didn't like me back."

Let's just say you two had to have a big conversation about ALL of the misunderstandings you had experienced throughout the years.