𝟭.𝟬

I was lazing around in bed when I heard the doorbell ring

'That's... odd'

I don't usually get visitors unless it the friends I bring home. I tried to ignore it but then, it rang AGAIN. It was a Saturday and I really did not want to get out of bed after an exhausting week.

The doorbell kept ringing and I felt like ripping out the person's throat. After contemplating, I ripped myself off my bed and walked to the door. I grabbed my pullover hoodie from my study chair to wear it over my pyjamas.

"Yeah, yeah," I mumbled.

I didn't even bother to check at this point. My hand latched itself onto my digital door handle and pulled it to open the door.

"What is it that is so important on a-" I started but cut myself off when I finally realised who was constantly ringing the bell.

"How could you talk to your brother like that," the boy in front of me said, giving a pout at the end.

"Jae!" I exclaimed.

Without even thinking twice, I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around my brother. I could feel him tense up at first but soon, he hugged me back.

It's been so hectic lately with my internship that I haven't gotten the call or text him.

I pulled away from my brother. "Come in," I invited.

I stepped to the side for him to walk in and closed the door behind him.

"Have you taken breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah. Brian cooked breakfast for me just now," he replied.

I walked over to my mini kitchen and grabbed a coffee packet from one of the jars.

"So~ what have you~ been up to?" he asked, intonations all over the place.

"Nothing much," I lied, grabbing a ceramic mug from the dishwasher.

"C'mon I saw your post of the recording studio. What's that about?"

I paused before talking again. I cut the coffee packet open and poured the mix into the mug.

"Oh that! I received an internship with a company," I said.

"Okay, you've gotta be more specific. Which company?" he asked, let out a laugh at the end.

I had let a chuckle slip out of my mouth before answering. "Cre.ker."

I grabbed a teaspoon from my drawer and laced it in the mug filled with my coffee mix.

Jae didn't answer as fast as before now. "Isn't that the company with Melody Day? They disbanded last year right?"

"Yeah. But now, they're debuting a new group and I'm helping to produce their songs," I said as I grabbed the kettle filled with hot water.

I was about to pour the hot water into the cup when I heard my brother squeal out of excitement from the new information.

"You can't tell anyone about this. It's completely confidential," I said strictly.

"Okay but that's amazing Soh! This internship and everything!" he said excitedly as he walked over. "My baby sister is growing up so fast," he sarcastically remarked, wiping a fake tear after.

It was then when he noticed that I was trying to pour hot water before he squealed and probably almost cause my hand to be burnt. "Here, let me help you," he offered his help.

I didn't think even have time to refuse it when he grabbed the kettle from my hand and poured the water for me.

"Thanks," I thanked before taking the kettle from him and placing it back on the induction stove. "So what's going on with you?" I asked, now flipping the subject to my brother and his group.

After that, Jae just went on and on about his group. I even got to listen to some of the demos he was cooking up for his future group projects.