[̲̅7]

"Have you calmed down?"

Sophia didn't reply. Instead, she buries her head deeper into his neck, inhaling the soft scent of his cologne. Kayden thinks her soft cheek smashed against his skin feels soothing. He pats her head and hugs her closer to him.

"Are you ready to listen to me?"

"... Mm."

"On that night, I really didn't intend to say those things to you. There were... people chasing after me and I got injured pretty badly..."

"..."

"But at that time, I could still stand it. When I just got back that time, that assassin... who was chasing me was standing behind the windows that you were standing."

"!!!"

"He's really strong... I thought that maybe if we cut our relationship and me... well leaving you right in front of his eyes was a good idea since I was in a panic state. Maybe... I thought that maybe if I left you, they wouldn't bother you any longer."

"U-huh. Is that so?"

"Yeah."

"It's not because I'm too clingy, annoying, full of myself, weak, hypocrite, stupid, selfish, spoile-"

"Okay okay! stop. I know that- Well, I- I'm sorry ma'am..."

"Do you know what it's like being called all that?"

"..."

"You know what it felt like? It feels like I want to kill you on the spot but I can't. Why? Because I freaking love you so much to the point that I want to kill myself! Not you!"

"I'm so sorry... Please forgive me, dear..."

"And then? What happened? That's before you went missing right?"

"When I left the house to kill that person who was spying on you, they made a trap and I'm the rat caught up onto it."

"..."

"I chose to teleport somewhere but you know... I lost focus and ended up here."

"So I'm guessing... Jiwoo helps you?"

"Yeah..."

"Ah, so that's why you were living in his house."

"Mm."

Sophia feels a gush of relief washing over her. She knows that there's no way he would do it without a reason. But she wants to know if it's true or not that he has already fallen out of love with her, or not.

And it's a relief... that he still feels the same way.

"Now, shall we go back?"

"Yes. But before that,"

Sophia brushes his hair with her fingers, tying it up like how she usually does. She brushes her hand on his chest to smoothen out the wrinkly shirt and straighten out the wonky collar. He slightly smiles.

"I feel like a husband before going to work."

"Really?"