Chapter 1

Tears fell from Peter's eyes. At the moment he was in a dark forest the scenery blurred from his tears. He knew it wasn't home yet. Why couldn't he just go home? Peter refused to look at his wings as he knew the answer. The forest gave off a bad feeling to Peter but he didn't care. He was just tired. And so he fell into a deep sleep.

A few hours later he felt warmth around him and opened his eyes to see a horse, no?.. A unicorn? next to him. He looked into its eyes as it looked into his before putting its head on his chest again. The unicorn looked how Peter would expect. Silver fur that seemed to glow with a long white mane and tail and to top it off a large silver horn. It's eyes the colour of a night sky that closed as it kept Peter warm from the bitterly cold night. 

It wasn't the weirdest thing Peter had seen; he was a dragon before, and by the feel of his tail still being there he guessed he still sort of was. Maybe that was why the unicorn liked him. Either way he didn't mind he was warm now and soon fell asleep to the sounds of the forest.

When Peter awoke again it was to the sunrise. The sky painted a mix of pink and blue and the clouds coloured peach. The sun cast many shadows in the dark forest making it seem as if it were straight out of a book. The unicorn was laid next to him, seeming to watch the sun rise through the treeline. Everything seemed to be at peace.

That day Peter thought it best he stayed with the unicorn and it didn't seem to mind. They walked through the forest together before finding a bush with berries on it that looked very similar to blackberries. But on one of the branches was a small green cocoon that seemed to have blue stripes on it. Peter shrugged it off and collected some berries to eat.

Peter couldn't get the cocoon out of his mind and so he decided to pick it up, well try to. The cocoon opened and threw itself at Peter who ended up on the floor with the creature on top of him. Said creature would be terrifying to most but Peter thought it was cute in a way. It had a cool skull for its head and it had wings but without feathers that were blue on the inside and green on the outside. Peter held out a handful of berries for the creature who happily ate them after sniffing them for a moment. Then slowly got off of the child. 

The unicorn watched with knowing eyes. It knew there was a reason that it felt like it couldn't leave the child. The unicorn could feel the purity of the small one. And it knew that it was going to be fun having this one in the dark forest with them.