Faunus 101

(I'll be adding in some additional lore about faunus since we don't know too much about the origins of them)

Y/N POV:

Today after I talked to Yang it was eventually night time and I was invited to sleepover in their dorm. I had everything ready for tonight.

Penny: Now be good Y/N and please no flirting.

Y/N: Yes mom I know.

I said as I had everything I needed for the night as we arrive at their room and I knock at the door.

Blake: Oh hey Y/N come in we already got changed.

She said as I came in.

Y/N: So Blake you are gonna teach me about being a faunus right?

Blake: That's right but I'm gonna tell you in the form of a story by telling you about Faunus Liberation Day.

Weiss: This should be interesting.

Blake: Ok Y/N sit down while I explain the past of this holiday that I was told when I was your age. Long ago faunus were treated way worse than they are now. Faunus used to be hunted for sport and treated like animals. We were detained, mistreated and humiliated. However that didn't stop them for fighting for freedom. The elder of one of our faunus groups talked to someone high up in the human community. Little did the elder know this was all a set up as he was captured and imprisoned the second he stepped on their territory. Year's have done by living under the humans but one day the faunus put their rebellion into action by waiting until night to attack them due to all faunus having night vision allowing us to see in the dark battling humans one by one. Eventually the humans had enough and decide to sign a peace treaty that our new leader also songs hoping for peace at last but humans still mistreat us and we were given our own land but it was a dangerous wasteland that we managed to make into Menagerie. That day we declared the day of the start of our freedom as Faunus Liberation Day where every year we leave a momento at the state of our first leader and that's also when the white fang rose but they weren't killers back then in fact they were a group of passive protesters until someone I knew personally took things out of proportion and started the evil white fang.

She explained and I was very interested along with the other members of her team. But I was confused about one thing.

Y/N: So why did you wait years to start the rebellion instead of right after your leader was captured?

Blake: That I don't know this took place before even my father was born. The next Faunus Liberation day wont be for almost a whole year from now but maybe someday I can take you to Menagerie and show you how they currently live in person.

She said as I nod.

Y/N: So does this mean I have night vision? I wouldn't know since I never really had a reason to walk in the dark after becoming a faunus. Also what can my tail do?

I ask her.

Blake: You should have night vision but since you are an experiment and not natural I'm not completely sure but for your tail it seems to have a lot of weight and muscle into it so if you could learn to master it's weight you could learn to use it as a weapon but a tail if grabbed right can render that faunus powerless.

She said as Yang turned off the lights instantly to test my vision and turns out I do have night vision.

Y/N: Yep I have night vision.

I said as Yang turns the lights back on as Blake gets up.

Blake: Y/N, I want you to have something. Think of it as a welcome gift to the faunus life.

She said with a wink and hands me a mask of sorts.

Y/N: What's this?

I ask confused.

Blake: I had this mask since I was a little girl and now I want you to wear it and show not all faunus are bad and how some can be heroes and beyond that.

She said as I nod and put it on.

Y/N: I promise Blake I'll help however and whoever I can.

I said putting a hand on my heart with a serious look as Blake just smiles softly.

Yang: Who knows kid you might be the king of hunters someday and not some monstrous prince as some people think you are.

Weiss: Yeah someday you'll do something that will go down in history.

Ruby: And just like your mother and grandpa, we believe in you too.

She said as I yawn about and stretch.

Blake: Well it seems its time for you to go to bed.

She said as I got into my sleeping bag and fell asleep but as I was sleeping I heard words on repeat in my head. The words were "Not a monster." As the shadow of a giant monster would appear right in front of him.

" As the shadow of a giant monster would appear right in front of him

???: At what cost?

The shadow creature asked as I woke up and it was morning.