Something You Know

A/N: This chapter is literally so short but I needed to post before school started back 😫. Don't be a silent reader 🌚

Chapter 9

"Alessio...you're just drunk, or high, or whatever you do. You don't mean that. And I did what you wanted...I have nothing left for you to take from me." Lucia waved her hands. "Hello? What is happening?"

"This is the past I was talking about." She nodded and kept her eyes fixated on Carmine. "Myana, that's not what this is, and i'm sober. The family misses you, they want to start over. You were introduced to them in the wrong ways. I don't care if you don't want to see me...i'll stay away, but they want you back. They need your skills for..." He looked at Lucia, "Our jobs."

All he said was "they", So how does he feel?

I sighed and grabbed Alessio's arm, I pulled him into the ladies bathroom.

All the smokers eyes shifted to Alessio. "Leave." He said. They instantly grabbed their things and ran out. "You pulled me into here for what." He said nonchalantly.

"Why do you do that!"I yelled louder then I intended. He rolled his eyes and leaned against the counters, "Do what?"

"Pretend you care, when you couldn't care less. You manipulative my mind, you try and pull me back in, trap me. I won't let you. Stop looking for something you won't find. I believe you've said those words once before, i'm sure you can understand." I pushed open the bathroom door, roughly.

"Lucia, are you ready? Not sure I want to be here any longer." I glared at Alessio who was now directly behind me.

"Leave and i'll never forgive you." He said as my back was turned. I stopped dead in my tracks and swung my body around. "I can live with that." I gave him a fake smile and swung back around and grabbed Lucia's hand.

"You're a literal bad ass..." She said as soon as we got into the car. I shook my head and opened the car door. It felt like everything i've eaten in the past 10 years flew out of me all at once.

"I can't even handle one argument...but hey, I didn't cry." She sighed and closed her eyes before grabbing my hand. "You're still a bad ass."

I laid my head against the dashboard and chuckled.

"Myana...sometimes people from the past come back to show you why they're meant to be left there. But other times people from the past come back because your chapter in their story isn't finished yet." I stared at the windshield and watched as small droplets of water covered it.

"Have you ever considered being a therapist?" She chuckled and pulled me into a hug, "I am one. I just work for free, and you're my client."

"I thought I got away from him. I got away because I started to fall for him, and he'd ruin me the first chance he got...he did ruin me the first chance he got. I lost everything I had left in that city. That's why I made a new start here. Because here...here no one knows a thing about what I've lost, who i've lost, or what i've done."

"I think the worst part of all of this is that he knows how I feel about him, and he didn't care about it, not one bit." She pushed my hair from my face, "Everyone is born with a heart, but just because they're born with it doesn't mean it's pure."

I lifted my head from her shoulder, "Some people, no matter how hard you try to see it, just aren't good."

"Everyone has good in them. It just takes the right person for them to see that. Call me crazy, but I just have this feeling that I can't shake...a feeling that he's meant to be in your future, not your past." I furrowed my eyebrows, "So you're encouraging me to let him back into my life?"