Part Three

Ello ;) The external link is what Cece -I mean Cecelia- wears for the next few chapters! Short chapter, sorry! :( Enjoyy! Ugh. brothers. -DairyWizard

Part Three

My hands smoothed my knee-length leather skirt for the umpteenth time. I twiddled with the zipper on my skin-tight tank-top, biting my lip. I must have been doing this frequently because soon enough, the taste of blood filled my mouth. I gagged, and my arms flailed for a drink. I screamed nasty things until a maid waddled over with a glass of water. As I drained it down, I heard a laugh from someone close to me. Leaning on my bedroom door-frame, was my step-brother.

"Evan, shut the hell up and leave. Don't you have cars to play with?" I scolded, my face beet-red. He laughed even harder. Nine-year-olds could be so obnoxious.

"I'd rather watch you choke." he sniggered, "Besides, Mom made the servants get rid of my toys for your swanky TV show." Evan was the child between my father and my "step-mother", making him an evil gift from hell.

"Well I don't want them here either. Why don't you go snivel to your mother about how you want your toys? I'll miss you too, brother, blah blah blah." You can probably tell we have a bad relationship too.

His bottom lip quivered as he made puppy dog eyes at me. Evan started to bawl his eyes out, screaming for his mother. My eyes widened and I panicked.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry-I!" I tried my best to shut him up but Ruby ran into the room and started to comfort him. I watched, weak.

"We'll all be glad to see you leave." she hissed as she pulled her son out the room. She repeatedly grumbled "This bitch..." as she dragged Evan out the room. But before they left my sight, he grinned evilly and stuck his tongue out at me. That little liar. And this is why I hate my family.

"Whatever, Cece. You're beautiful." I whispered to myself, looking at the mirror once again. Everyone told me I was beautiful. I was always known as gorgeous, or best dressed. But whenever I was by myself, looking in mirror, I couldn't believe them. I couldn't help but think of the stunning girls out there and feel horrid about myself. I tell myself it's just my self-esteem playing tricks on me, but I can't help but think about what the boy from earlier had told me. Jeffrey.

Was it true? Was I truly just a girl with pretty things? Was I actually that much of a monster in other people's eyes? Was I that girl that you saw on TV, everything in her hands but never realizing it?

I looked in the mirror and a teenage girl stared back at me. Long black hair, green eyes, fair skin. I didn't look like the daughter of a millionaire. I wasn't enough to be an heiress. I didn't fit in as a normal girl. I didn't fit in as a rich, famous one.

The girl in the mirror smiled back at me. They wanted a brat? I'd give them one.

"Baby? They're here. You're bags are outside." My father poked his head into my room. His dark hair was slicked back, his face free of stubble. His face was properly caked with man-makeup, making him the perfect image of the father from "The Addams Family". His face was expressionless.

"Coming." I nodded, taking a deep breath. I waited for him to shrug away and return to his family. But he stayed, his greased head peeking into my room and looking at me thoughtfully. I sighed. "Yeah, Daddy?" He slowly walked into the room and leaned against the dresser.

"Cecelia," he whispered, putting his hands on my shoulders, "I want you to know that...we support you. I will always be there for you as your father. Even with Ruby and Evan, you'll still be a part of the family. Don't feel alienated because you aren't a part of this family-" he spoke softly, pausing between every few words, probably searching for the easiest way to say it without hurting me. But I saw what he was getting at without all the cushioning.

"Dad, I get it, you want to get on with your life and your new family. And I'm okay with that. I know I'm in the way, the little mistake you can't seem to get rid of. You live your life." I spoke quicker than I had wanted to and my voice cracked every sentence. I tore myself away from him and left my room. At the doorway, Ruby and Evan stood, ear pressed against the wall. I stopped and looked at them incredulously.

"About time." she smirked, as her minion nodded. I huffed and ran out the door to the outside, slamming the door behind me. I groaned and slid down the door. This wasn't proving itself to be a "wonderful experience" yet.

A voice made me glance up from the ground. "Hi," it greeted, "I suppose I'm your 'chauffeur'?" A man with curly red hair, freckles all over his body, and heavy glasses smiled down at me. His fungus-laden feet sat in ripped sandals, his stained shirt and shorts were covered in holes.

"You are...?" I urged, looking him up and down.

"Me? My name is Jerry. And that's our ride!" he replied enthusiastically, gesturing to the car in our driveway. It was a truck, for sure. But I wasn't sure of the brand or the colour because it was completely covered in rust and durt, and the hood was busted in. It looked like someone literally took a hammer and repeatedly hit the car with full force. The man- Jerry- looked at it much too fondly.

"Uh, and what... exactly, are the holes in your clothes?" I asked,-or whimpered- pointing at his outfit. He looked down.

"Oh, this? My mother's house is infested with rats." he nodded with a wide smile. I shuddered, weakly getting up and shuffling to the car, Jerry close behind me, showing me his impression of the rats.

Yeah, I was definitely in for something.