Part Six

Slow updates :(

Part Six

“Hey! Bring it in!” someone yelled, catching everyone’s attention. I was trying to discreetly exit the closet. Slipping out and into the blinding sunlight, I was able to see what was happening.

A staff member- a woman- was hugging her clipboard and shouting through a megaphone. Slowly, everyone started to get closer to her, leaving their useless conversation and arguments. I shuffled to the crowd, standing on my tippy-toes, attempting to see what the commotion was about. Pushing myself through the whispering girls and stepping on many feet with my heels, I reached the front of the ring around the woman.

 “Girls! Attention!” she bellowed, making exaggerated hand gestures. Everyone stopped whispering and a wave of silence spread through us.

 “Thank you.” she said, less loud, exasperated, “Welcome to Waterstone! A small, very private town, in well, the middle of nowhere! We are located in a top secret location, far. far away from civilisation!”

 I was suddenly very aware of the men with shiny gear, circling around us, pointing lights at our faces. Cameras. Dozens of people with heavy-looking cameras on their shoulders, ran around us, capturing our every breath. I became very self-conscious, constantly touching my hair and brushing off dust from my clothes.

 “This, is The Biggest Brat competition!” she screamed, breaking my eardrums. A few blondes at the front started cheering. I rolled my eyes and muttered a quick ‘yay’. “For the next six months, you will all be living in this mansion right here.” she pointed to the barn beside us.

Honey, if that’s a mansion, then Jerry is secretly Harry Styles.

“For the next three months you will learn to cook for yourselves, clean for yourselves, and work for yourselves. You will be going through a series of activities that you will be judged on. You will be learning to cooperate and live life ‘on the edge.’ You will learn about earning money for yourself. Every two weeks there will be an assessment on what you’ve learned. Those who pass the assessment, can go home. Simple as that. The last girl to stay in the games, who refuses to learn anything, will be ‘awarded’ the title of ‘The Biggest Brat’. Questions?” she explained smoothly, smiling wide.

 There were a few protests from the group, screaming out profanities .

“Great!” she chirped, dismissing the complaints, “Now, welcome Mr. Martin to The Biggest Brat staff.” she gestured towards the side and someone stepped forward.

The cameras zipped to him, filming his good-natured smile, his tanned skin, his sparkling blue eyes. There was a murmur between the other girls. Most of them were “He’s hot.”

My eyes widened when I finally laid my eyes on him.

No. Hell no. I pleaded, a look of terror on my face.

“Hello, ladies,” he added a wink, making matters worse as the girls giggled flirtatiously, “My name is Oliver Martin, but you can call me Olly. Oliver is my father.” he laughed lightly, repeating his own words again.

And I swear, his eyes met mine and he sent me a deadly glare through the smile plastered on his face. I stared at him through the crowd, giving him a squint, although I felt my cheeks warm up.

Not him. Not now. Not here! You don’t really want to see a guy that you lashed out on beside a barn in a competition about being a brat. I covered my face with my hands.

“He’s a doll isn’t he?” a voice cackled beside me, scaring me half to death. I jumped to see the blonde from before, the one who was yelling when I first arrived. She was clearly talking to me, sending me a shiny smile.

She was also clearly talking about Oliver, to my dismay. How could everyone be going crazy over him? I cringed at the thought.

“Is he?” I grimaced, glancing over at him, as he was striking up conversation with the other girls.

“Are you blind? Shut up!” she slapped me on the arm, playfully. She beamed at me, but in a Barbie-looking way. “He’s hot. And he was so looking at you!” she squealed.

I raised my eyebrows. “Oh god no. Ew.” I forced a laugh, disgusted.

She gasped and looked at me like I had three heads. “What? He’s arm candy, that one! Not your type?” Her eyes were massive as she pushed me for an answer.

“I guess not.” I stuttered, not sure if I should mention the fact that I had went berserk on him not that long ago. I chose not to. She didn’t seem like the trustworthy type.

“Well, I call him then!” she chortled loudly, much resembling a hyena.

“Tiff, you’re going to miss feeling his muscles! There’s a line-up and everything!” a high-pitched voice squealed. I turned to see the short, curly-headed one from before. She was jumping up and down when she saw me and gasped.

“Who do we have here?” she asked me, a similar Barbie-smile plastered on her cutesy features.  

“Cecelia,” I replied, stiffly. She grabbed onto my wrists with no warning and made another ‘Eeeee!’ sound.

“I’m Callie, Callie Fox. Oh. My. Gosh. I looove your outfit! You need to let me borrow it!” she exclaimed with way too much expression. “This is Tiffany. She’s so dumb. Like, she waited until now, to introduce you to me? Ugh. Anyway, can you believe that guy? I would tap that! Oh my gosh, I’m totally kidding but if there weren’t rules, he would have his arm around my waist. Oh my gosh why are you so thin? Do you work out? You need to tell me your routine!” she went on and on, with no showing of ending.

“Oh. My. Gosh. Where is Virginia? She needs to meet you!” Tiffany gasped in horror. Callie nodded in response. They hopped off to find whoever Virginia was, leaving me alone.

I mentally groaned. There was another one of them? I could barely bear with one! They were practically pets.

I was in my own world when the woman started with the megaphone again.

“Girls, Girls! Attention, please!” she called, “Now that you have all met Oliver, we will be continuing. Olly is here as the host and will be one of the main judges to be assessing your knowledge and change. He will be with us throughout the competition.”

I moaned in frustration. How could this day get any worse?

“He will be involved in all activities and tests, and will always be near during free time.”

Well, shit.

“Now, you’re bags are safe and beside your bed, wardrobe and cupboard. This will be your living quarters. There are two floors, so consult one of our staff members for your number. Now off you go! Once you get settled, you will be called back for dinner in the kitchen.” she stepped off her soap box and left us all just standing there.

Reluctantly, I shuffled to the barn.

On my way there, I passed Oliver who was waving goodbye to everyone. When he saw me his smile got bigger and he waved enthusiastically at me. Behind his camera-face was a mocking smirk. I immediately looked away, face burning in anger.

Right then, one thing was evident in my crowded mind.

I would get my proper payback.

Yup... Oliver is now my favourite character. Tiff and Brittany remind me of Gretchen and Karen from Mean Girls. o_O

Well, hope you enjoyed, I suppose. Feedback makes me do an Ianthony high-five... with myself.

FRIENDSHIP ALWAYS WINS!

-DairyWizard