Part Four

Again, a short chapter. *insert sad face* No school today! So this is what I did. everyone's out skiing and such and I'm in here sitting in front of a computer. Oh, what a wild life. XD Enjoy!

Part Four

When I was five, I was enrolled into a ballet course. I begged-or maybe it was demanded, I don't exactly remember. But I remember yelling and stomping my feet, having a typical five-year-old tantrum. So my father ordered some famous ballet dancer to come and teach me. It was to be a four month course, a two hour lesson each week. And sure enough, I did them. Every week I would go through two hours without throwing a hissy fit. And yeah, I enjoyed it. Every time, the instructor would tell me about how quick I was learning and how I had so much talent. I believed them, and got into ballet.

I loved it so much, and thought about my next lesson every week. And I thought I really had a knack for it, and I could maybe pursue it in the future. I had dreams of being a famous ballet dancer, performing "The Nutcracker" in front of thousands of people. And then I overheard my father and the instructor talking about business, and being a five year old, naturally, I eavesdropped on their conversation. Sometimes I wished I hadn't, but other times I'm glad I did.

Let's cut to the chase: my father was paying her extra to tell me I was extraordinary.

It broke my heart. Hearing that, I vowed I would never dance or do any kind of activity ever again. Because everything would be a lie. The lessons stopped then. Reminiscing on the situation, I probably shouldn't have taken it that hard. All parents tell their children that the finger paintings their chubby little hands create are fantastic. It wasn't that different. I guess I just really believed that I finally had a skill, something I was good at. I believed too much.

~ ~ ~ ~

The bumpy road caused the truck to jolt in all directions, making the old murmur of the broken engine get louder and louder until it was practically a roar. The junk in the car rustled back and forth, and the various parts of the vehicle seemed to slam into each other. Many coffee cups hit me in the face after an Olympic-worthy high jump.

“Where are we even going?” I managed to stutter, although a half-eaten apple hit the side of my head. The terrain became bumpier and I swear, we were in the air for seconds at a time. Beside me, my ‘chauffeur’ had his hands on the wheel like this was completely normal for him. His afro-like curls bounced everywhere.

“Sorry for the rough ride!” he bellowed, looking over at me, “It’ll smooth out over the next hour. We’re almost in Waterstone!”

Waterstone? We had already been stuck in the truck for two hours. How closed off could this place be? Living in New York for my whole life, I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard of a nearby Waterstone.

“Uhh... Could we close the windows, maybe?” I suggested although it came out as a shrill scream. The windows were all open and cold, strong air blasted from them. It sent my hair in all directions so that I could barely see in front of me. Jerry’s head seemed to be just a blob of orange frizz. Over the harsh wind and Jerry’s banjo CD, I could barely hear myself think.

“Sure thing.” he fumbled with some button on the side of the car. All of a sudden, the windows went all the way down and new wind gushed in. I shrieked as cold air filled the car and caused all of the garbage on the floors to practically start floating. Screaming, I repeatedly slapped my driver’s arm, urging him to figure out the “complicated technology” of the car. Note my sarcasm. Jerry was yelling also, although i could barely hear him.

“JUST SHUT THE FREAKING WINDOW!”

“I’M TRYING! MAYBE IF YOU WOULD STOP SLAPPING THE FLIPPING SHAT OUT OF ME, I COULD!”

Very slowly, the windows crawled back up. We both let out a sigh of relief.

“That’s it. I’m out of this.” I declared. “Stop this car right now. Take me home.”

“I can’t. You’re getting there, believe me.”

“Get me out right now.” I warned. He kept his eyes on the road, refusing to look at me.

“I can’t. I won’t. This car isn’t stopping, Valentino.”

“Fine. If you won’t stop this car then I will.” I declared, and before I knew it, my hand was on the door handle and I opened it and stepped out. One thing I’ve learned : I do really stupid things when I’m angry. The last thing I heard was Jerry shouting at me. The next was the thump of an impact and my head against rocks.

Luckily, we were moving very slowly, so I got out, fell down and rolled from the rocky road to a wet, marsh-like grass area. Still, when I opened my eyes, I felt my whole body ache. A vast forest greeted me.

“Where am I?” I mumbled, sitting up and rubbing my head. This was definitely not home. It was humid and silent, except for unfamiliar bird calls. Somewhere nearby, you could hear soft waves. Leaves and animals rustled in the trees.

“We,” Jerry said as he walked towards me, shaking his head. “are here.”

Yeah...I doubt this'll be more than a page. It was two on Google Docs!! Currently looking for actors to fill up that Cast. The side is a song that I'm obsessed with, even though it's no longer christmas. Oops. All Time Low for ever betches. Fun Fact about me- I actually did ballet for a year when I was like seven.