05 | the criminal confides

05

the criminal confides

AKARI GRABBED THE bag of medication she got from the pharmacy, stuffing it in her bag as she walked her way to the campus cafeteria for lunch.

Her morning class had just finished and her thoughts consisted of only a particular man and the few conversations she had with him the past few days.

"I have classes tomorrow." Akari said as she handed him a cup of water. He drank from it, eyes never leaving hers before nodding. "Ok." He answered. "I can wait for you to return."

"You will be alone here." Akari said. "Just in case you need anything, you can call me using this phone." She pushed the device into his hands. It was a spare old phone she had used with a working number.

"Alright." Julian nodded. "You will become a really good Doctor one day." He added, lying back on the bedsheets and Akari's eyebrows raised at the sudden compliment. "You take care of me well."

Akari's eyes widened before she stood up from her bed and walked to sleep on the couch instead.

Sleeping on the couch wasn't as bad as Akari thought it would be. It was cosy, comfortable and Julian was already sleeping comfortably on her bed, deep wounds still healing.

Although many questions circled her mind, she was afraid to ask them and she can tell he was hesitant around her, almost as if avoiding her from asking any questions by sleeping and eating and asking for water the entire time.

They both were avoiding the important questions in the air and it seemed like they both were in a silent agreement to just avoid them at all costs. It seemed too scary to ask or answer.

Back to the present, Akari bought a new batch of painkillers as she was running out of them. She wondered what he was doing in her room now just as she entered the Cafeteria. Spotting Ha-eun waving at her with Fleur and their senior Rebecca, beside her. Akari made her way towards them.

"Got you your favourite black bean noodles." Ha-eun smiled proudly, pushing the bowl to Akari and she didn't hesitate to dive right in.

"Hi Fleur, Ha-eun has been talking about you all-." Akari was cut off with a kick in her shin and she coughed, giving her best friend a cheeky smile as Fleur laughed, a slight blush adorning her cheeks.

Rebecca, who was fiddling with her phone, looked up at the sudden laughs before looking back to her phone.

"What's got you so interested in your phone?" Akari teased, and Ha-eun followed her lead. "Another fling?"

"I'm reading the news." Rebecca shrugged like it was an obvious thing.

"What news?" Fleur asked.

Rebecca scoffed. "Don't tell me you all haven't heard." She looked at all three of the clueless girls who sat there exchanging glances. Fleur leaned towards Rebecca, eyes widening in curiosity and Akari's spoon paused mid-way entering her mouth while Ha-eun asked, "What haven't we heard?"

"This is why I'm telling y'all to make more friends." Rebecca shook her head before placing her phone down for the girls to see-which Ha-eun grabbed immediately to have a better look.