20 | the criminal unveils

20

the criminal unveils

"HAVE YOU SEEN my bike?" Ha-eun questioned early in the morning, slamming the door to Akari's room. Akari woke up grudgingly before she realised who she was lying on top of- Now, why is this becoming an eminently comfortable routine? Not that she's protesting in any sort of way. She certainly likes it.

"Your what?" Akari yelled back as she gave a small slap on Julian's toned shoulders. "Wake up!" She whispered. The handsome man woke up and narrowed his eyes between the bedroom door and Akari in charming confusion.

"My Bike!" Ha-eun yelled from the other side. "I can't find my keys either."

That's when Akari realised that Ha-eun's bike is at her house because Julian rode it there. Akari's eyes widened in panic as she looked at Julian who seemed to have the same realisation dawn upon him.

"What are you going to say?" Julian asked, bewildered.

Akari shushed him with her finger and gestured him to get to the bathroom. Julian followed the instructions quietly as he tiptoed to the bathroom. Akari couldn't help but titter silently at the sight. It felt thrilling to hide a handsome guy in your room- a frightfully intriguing taboo. Once she heard the click of the bathroom door locking, Akari rushed to her bedroom door.

"Uh..." Akari stuttered before giving Ha-eun a sheepish smile. It was five in the morning and her best friend seemed perfectly ready to go for a run before she realised her bike was missing.

"I can't find it," Akari whined, entering the bedroom and Akari's breath hitched at her minor action. She quickly looked through the room to see if there was anything suspicious lying around. She found two cargo pants lying on her couch and quickly stood so that the view to the couch was blocked.

"About that," Akari scratched the back of her neck in a gesture of hesitation. Ha-eun's eyes narrowed at her. "I'm sorry, I rode the bike to my house. The other day, you weren't here..." Akari trailed off and looked at her best friend expectantly.

"You rode the bike twenty-eight kilometres to your house?" Ha-eun asked. "Are you insane?" She gave Akari a very disappointed look.

Well, that's what she had asked Julian when he told her.

"Do you think you are an Olympian?" Ha-eun asked sarcastically. "Don't do shit like that without me around. What if you had pulled a muscle on the way and couldn't ride anymore-"

"Ha-eun..." Akari sighed, knowing that her best friend was wasting her time lecturing her when she should be doing that to the guy locked in the bathroom. Although, Julian seemed altogether fit to pull a muscle by riding a bike.

"I don't care about the bike, you know. Just don't-"

"I'm sorry, I will get it back-"

"Hold on," Ha-eun pointed a finger at her before a brooding look spread over her face. "Are you ok?" She immediately softened. "I know we talked on the phone about it. But, I am still so worried." Ha-eun gave her a faint smile. "Why did you go?" Ha-eun asked softly, walking towards Akari before giving her a small tug on her shoulder.

Akari sighed. "I just wanted to fix the car..."

"Oh, Akari..." Ha-eun hugged her close before looking at her, "I knew you would do something like that, I should have just stayed. The conference was hella boring, by the way, I didn't get the prize I deserved. There was this green-eyed bitch from Beta Beta who used her influence to get it. She is stupid, but worst of all, the professors were using politics to-" Ha-eun paused her rant. "I'm sorry, I'm blabbering." She said before hugging Akari again. Akari chuckled at her best friend's antics before she decided to reveal a tiny bit of information.