5 ~ Threatening

Milla

''Hey, Milla.'' Marcia chirped as she popped up in front of me.

''Hey, Marcia.'' I smiled.

''Can we go to the mall today? My cousin is having a birthday tomorrow and I need a new dress. And sales are going on so?'' She said giving me the puppy eyes.

I knew I had less than 10 dollars in my wallet but after having her stood up that weekend, I wanted to go with her.

''I guess we can. I will send the message to my mom.'' I said.

''Thank you, thank you, thank you.'' She squealed, pinching my cheeks.

''Let's go to the class,'' I said, hooking my arm around hers.

We were a bit late and the classroom was stuffed with people. I and Marcia took a seat at the front next to the boys.

Marcia, being friendly like always, smiled and waved at them. Huston greeted me back but Jake smirked as he looked at me up and down. Almost disgustingly. My eyebrows pinched together in confusion. What was his problem?

***

I was almost done with school. The last class was left that I was talking with some other students as well as Marcia.

She went ahead of me because a teacher called her. I was frightened when someone pulled me into the janitor's closet when I was passing by.

''Jake, why did you pull me in here?'' I was stressed while adjusting my books. In all classes today he was acting strangely towards me.

''I saw you with that rich man.'' He smirked. I panicked but I didn't let it show on my face.

''What rich man?'' I acted stupidly.

''You know very well. That black-haired man in a suit with blue Porsche.'' He said. He was exactly describing Alessandro.

''What that has to do with you?'' I asked.

''You're a minor. And you have a sugar daddy. Won't school find out?'' He said. I laughed. He thought I was stupid.

''And what school has to do with my private life? I have parents and they are the only ones who can have a say in my private life. Not you or school.'' His smirk fell as I pushed a finger into his chest.

''And besides, the principal wouldn't believe you. You're failing Math, Jake. And I'm the top student in this school. I think you know who they will believe first.'' I smiled. He swatted my hand as I laughed.

''Bye, Jake. Next time think about threatening someone.'' I said as I exited the room. Idiot.

I hate being rude but sometimes a line needs to be drawn. I never let someone play with me the way Jake attempted. I may act silly and childish but I can act mature when I need to.

***

S

the silver dress fell down my waist as I hurried to put on the heels. He did give me thousand dollars for the first dinner and I haven't expected it. I thought I would feel cheap but the look he gave me wasn't making me feel like that.

So I decided to buy a new dress so he won't think I'm an entire beggar. Even tho there is nothing wrong with that. I was just thinking about the way to give it to my parents without them knowing what I was doing.

I picked my items in the backpack and rushed out of the toilet. The waitress gave me a weird look again as I smiled and walked out of the cafe.

When I reached the restaurant which was now the same as the last one not sure why. He came exactly on time.

I inhaled sharply when I saw him. He looked so good again. When he got closer, his cologne invaded my nostrils and it calmed me. I didn't understand why.

''You look beautiful as always.'' He whispered huskily, kissing my right cheek. My heart hammered in my chest at his words and the heat of my body was transferred to my cheeks.

And what did he mean by always?

''Thank you. You look really good too.'' I said. He smiled and put his big hand on the small of my back.

He wasn't much older than me but I was still underage. But I won't be in three and a half months. I was looking forward to it. After my birthday, I won't feel guilty for purposely doing this.

''Are you for a lobster today or do you want anything else?'' He asked kindly. Last time he was a bit distant, I would say cautiously. But now he acts differently? I wonder what's the cause.

''I could go for a lobster.'' I smiled.

He told the waiter what we wanted with a bottle of wine. I turned to him when he left.
''Thank you for the last time too. It helped me.'' I said sincerely.

''It's my duty while you're gracing me with your presence. I'm more than willing to give you what you desire.'' He said looking determined.

''Why do you think like this?'' I asked.

''Because I feel like you're different than the other girls.'' I laughed at his words.

''I eat, I sleep, I study like other girls. There is nothing that makes me different.'' I answered. I blushed when he smiled.

''Then I should rephrase that. You're different than the girls I have met.'' He said.

''That sounds right now,'' I said.

''I have prepared something for you. But it will wait.'' He said. He must have prepared money.

"Thank you regardless." I smiled looking into his captivating green eyes.

A/N

Thank you for voting and commenting.