chapter 12

atsushi's POV:

in the dream

the wind blows in, the people start to scream, a six-year-old scream and a tiger's roar.

i open my eyes to see everything dark blue like the night is still there, I look down at myself to see clothing from my orphanage but ripped, I remember that I use to be on the streets when I met dazai and kunikida.

i heard footsteps behind me, I turn around and see a tiger size nine-tailed fox with red color tips in front of me with yellow eyes, it's not attacking me but looking right at me like it knows me.

(that drawing was mine, just a cut out Atsushi from the first episode and I made the legs too long <p)

that's when it hit me like a brick wall, it's kitsune's ability, white of the wise.

it tiled it's head, like it's telling me to follow it, it turns and walks ahead, I ran to it and walk beside it.

"your kitsune's ability? why are you in my dream? what is it that you want me to follow you? why me?" I asked it, it stopped in it's tracks and I stop next to it, confused.

it looks forward, I follow his gaze and see a group of family living happily, there's the father with white hair and eyes hugging his blonde, yellow-eyed wife on the couch, while the oldest blonde with red eyes chases the young five-year-old with white hair and yellow eyes.

my eyes widen when I realized who those people were, there the shiori family, and the youngest in that family is kitsu.

but the scene just skips to three family members dying in a pool of their own blood and see three silhouettes standing in front of the bodies, but their eye colors show, and I see six-year-old kitsune, kneeling her family's bodies crying.

i saw her mother reach out to her and cupped her cheek, and look at her daughter's yellow eyes with a faint smile.

"m-my little fox, don't let the guild take your hope and pride away, you trained with your brother and father very well, I want you to promise us that, if you ever find the tiger, protect him and the people you will meet with your life, but more importantly, protect the tiger, remember how I always say, 'a fox will be the tiger's protector', use your ability and remember, you and your ability will be wise and never betray each-other, be sure to get rid of those people that want that tiger....do it for us snow white." her mother said, and drops her hand and hit the ground.

she said her last dying words to her "white of the wise! PROTECT MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!" and her eyes lose her life.

young kitsune's eyes start to glow, then start to scream in pain while white rings appear around her.

she turn into her fox form and start to jump over the three silhouettes and runs off.

i was shocked to see it happen, I look over the fox again to see it stare at me.