Changes

The next day you walked into 079's room. 'Hello. Have you decided on if you want a body?' You asked pleasantly.
'I have. Have you been able to get me and 682 time to talk?' He responded.
'Not yet, but I am working on it. They don't understand that if we treat you respectfully, instead of fearfully, you might not feel as agitated.' You answered.

'How long does the transfer take?' He questioned. 'It should only take about 30 minutes at the most. You will also be able to remember conversations that happened up to a week ago.' You smiled slightly.
'So I get a bigger memory as well as mobility?' He seemed skeptical.
'Yes. And I will do my best to convince the higher ups tonight about you and 682 meeting.' You gestured for the prototype to be brought in. It looked almost like a Minecraft creeper, but a bit wider and with motor powered wheels. The highest speed the body could go to was 10mph and the screen was newer, more like a laptop screen than anything.

'I will get you connected to it and the final product should be done in a week.' You said, connecting the cables to the new memory and the screen. "Please, let me know when 079 is done being transferred." You said, walking out of the room.

"Let's go to 049's room. I have a message for him." You mumbled to yourself. You entered the room and saw the doctor standing in front of the glass. "Hello director (Y/n). I have a request of you." He said. "What is your request?" You asked. "May I see 035?" You paused.
"Unfortunately, it's too dangerous for the staff to take you to him, but perhaps we can bring him here." You said, gesturing to one of the guards. They nodded and went to go get 035.

"I was going to ask yesterday but ran out of time; is there a name that you would prefer to be called instead of your number?" You asked pleasantly.
"Oh, I've never thought about that. Maybe I'll think of a name." He murmured.

The door to 049's unit opened and 035 practically ran to the doctor and embraced him. 049 looked embarrassed, but hugged back. "Hello darling." 035 said.
"Hello." He said, smiling softly. 035 removed himself from the doctor and looked at you. "Would you mind giving us a minute?" He asked.
"Unfortunately, the best I can do is turning around." You said, apologetic.
"That's fine." 035 said. You tuned your back to the room.

After about five minutes you cleared your throat and let them know that you were going to turn back around. "Alright." 049 said. You turned and saw 035 sitting in the doctor's lap, looking relaxed. "I need to go see some of the others still, which means that 035 needs to go back to his room. But tomorrow I should be able to let you guys talk longer." You said. 049 nodded.

"Hey, you need to go to your room again for today. We can talk more tomorrow, okay?" 049 said, gently disloging 035 from his lap. "Alright, Plagy." He said, sounding sad. The guards escorted 035 back to his containment room. You bid the doctor a good day and left to go to 096's room.

You put on the blindfold and sleep mask again and entered the room. "Hello shy guy." You said softly. 096 walked over to you and hugged you again. You noticed that 096 was cold to the touch. "You're cold, huh?" Be made a hum of agreement. "I'll go grab you some blankets, okay? I'll be back very soon. I know exactly where to get them." You said, gently unwrapping his arms from around you. You went over to the door as 096 went back to his corner.

Once out of the room, you briskly walked to your office and grabbed the biggest, heaviest blanket you had along with a couple of your fuzzier blankets. You walked back to 096's room and asked the guard to put the blindfold and sleeping mask back on. He obliged and you went back into the room. "Alright buddy, I'm back. I got a really thick blanket and a couple of lighter ones in case you get too warm, but don't want to be cold still. They're soft and fuzzy. I hope they don't irritate your skin." You said, setting the blankets on the ground.

You heard him shuffle over to you and heard the rustling of fabric before feeling one of the fuzzy blankets draped over your shoulders and feeling him pick you up again and carry you to a corner of the room.you felt him wrap his arms around you after he sat down. You could tell he had the heavy blanket wrapped around his shoulders because you felt the excess fabric on your legs.
You smiled and tucked your legs under you. You didnt remember when you fell asleep.

(It's shorter than the last chapter by about 700-800 words. I'm sorry I've been working on this for a couple of days though. The picture at the top is kind of like what I imagined the cuddle session to look like.)