Chapter 1

Chapter 1: A summer day

I have always been a reader ever since I went to my grandmother's house and found this old-looking book all dusty in my grandmother's haunted library. When I first went into that library I could smell all the unused book's that people never touched. As I inhaled the dust and the old creepy smell I overlooked all the old books that had small spiderwebs.

I was never the person to overlook the small details in a person or an object, that doesn't mean I'm the smartest in the bunch but compared to an average person I was like a genius like I said to an average person not meaning I am a genius don't get it twisted. Anyways I was explaining about the book thing, as I was walking and observing the books I saw this book was a dirty old book, and I kept it moving ain't nobody got time for all that.

Anyways I picked up the cleanest books that the library had and it was not clean but it was cleaner than most of the books. And the title of this book was called "Two people from a different world". Now of course I didn't just start reading it. I asked my grandmother first because even though I'm not the nicest kid or the most respectful, I still have respect for my grandmother. That's the main reason why I come over here for most of the summer just to chill and explore around her comfy cottage. As I was walking in the hall of my grandmother's house and smelt the refreshing smell of fresh-squeezed lemons.

Walking around her house can be a short distance or a long-distance depending on which part of the house you choose to be in. As I looked down at my feet I noticed the hair of her cats. Milo and Elle are two cute ragdoll cats that have been with her since I was born. One of their favorite things two do when I come over is kneaded the homemade blanket that my mom made for me for my 16 birthday because it was cute and trendy to have one, unfortunately, it was old news by the time it was my birthday. As I looked up as the sun hit my face indicating that sunset was coming I heard a soft, faint voice.

"Aria,'' my grandmother said.
Yes I responded with a little force in my voice so she could hear me
She muttered "do you want some lemonade"

I thought to myself as my grandmother gets older she likes to make me the same thing over and over

I responded " yes grandma that would be quite lovely"
"Perfect" she quickly answered and rushed to the kitchen

But before my grandma could scurry off I decided to ask her about the book.

"Grandma" is loudly in a hoarse voice. Because I was in that dusty old library my throat was old and dry.
"Yes" she answered
"Is it okay if I borrow this book to read" I responded
"Bring me the book" she replied

I hurried up and jogged to her. I didn't want to keep her waiting plus she always valued time and she always had something to do. I gave her the book.

She mumbled something under her breath.

"This is a really interesting book you picked," she said to me as her eyes observed the book.
"But you can not read it". She gave a stern voice.
I have never heard that tone from her but I didn't know why she was like this.

"You can read this when you're 18 years old" she gave a soft look.
I didn't mind if she thinks I'm not ready then I'm surely not ready.

Looking back at when I was 16 I'm glad I listened because even when I'm 18 years old I'm still not ready but I still read it and I regret every second of it. I looked up as I stared at my hand and a monitor right beside me.

I regret it.