IV. Beaten

A/N- Here's Chapter 4! It's an important one, so make sure to read, comment, fan vote and all that jazz. If I get enough response on this I'll upload my first one shot on Monday x

July 8th, 2011

"Harry..." Sydney moaned in pain from her comfy position on Harry's couch as she divulged her face into the thick white comforter.

"Yeah babe?" Harry's concerned voice echoed from his place in the kitchen to the living room as he struggled to place the two boxes of Alka-Seltzer, A bowl of lemon rice soup and a glass of water on the carrying tray.

"It hurts, a lot," She moaned in exasperation again as if her pain had been unbelievably obvious.

Sydney had been positive she was on the worst cycle ever to exist, with non-stop glasses of Coca Cola and heated rice pads on her abdomen all supplied by Harry dearest. Harry really dealt well with "times of the month," since he mainly grew up with two females and adapted to all their needs, whines and mood changes. He knew exactly how to treat a situation like this and Sydney had been ever so grateful for that since it started in the fall of 7th grade.

Not many guys would do that, the idea of it grossing them out to a point of avoiding. But Harry would, and for that she had been really blessed.

Soon Harry was placing the tray full of remedies on the mini pull out table in front of the curled up Sydney. He had sent Louis to get her a bottle of Midol and a two liter of ginger ale about 10 minutes ago and was praying to god he could make it back in the next few minutes.

Sitting next to her, he noticed her lazy appearance; her hair was in a messy bun and was wearing her old dance team shirt and a pair of his old heather gray sweatpants. Despite this and the fact that she blurted out cuss words every few minutes, she looked positively adorable. Taking a seat next to her, he began to rub her back in an effort to relieve some of her pain as she arched her back.

"I know it does," He soothed as he kneaded her lower back with his thumbs opposite.

She exhaled heavily, and Harry prepared himself for the hurricane of emotions but he soon saw the little smile play on her lips and knew the massage was working. Good, he thought. It always worked.

"I wish I had a penis," she muttered in a trance, which caused Harry to explode a tiny burst of laughter.

"Trust me babe, you don't," he said still chuckling a bit. "-Now eat, the soup is getting cold and I spent three long hours of my life making it."

He patted her back gently as she removed her head from the cushioned arm of the couch and laughed at the tray before her. She held up the glass of water and turned towards Harry.

"A wine glass? Really Harry?"

"Hey, I wanted to make you feel classy through your pain!" He protested.

She cocked a smile and hit him lightly on the arm.

"You are such a dork."

Just as he started smiling from her brilliant change of mood, a look of pain bled into her face as she bent over, holding her abdomen as she clenched her teeth.

He knew exactly what was happening: Another wave of cramps hit her, and this time they hit her like a full blown steam engine. He massaged her lower back again with his right hand and lent his free hand towards her as she bit down on the base of his thumb; Very painfully, if he may add.

In addition to the spit now glossing over his hands, he could feel miniscule drops of a watery substance touching down every ten seconds. Craning his head at an angle, he could see a sliver of the side of her face and saw the heart wrenching pain and salty tears collecting in her tired blue eyes. He could hear the tiny whimpers escaping the refuge of her clenched jaw.