XIII. Suicide

A/N: Hello everyone! Here's the long awaited thirteenth chapter and to be honest, I'm quite proud of it! The trailer for A Shot of Reality is on the side also! Yay happy days! xx Let me know what you think of both the chapter and the story in your comments below, and I'll love you five ever.

February 14th, 2012

“@Harry_Styles: Movie night in this snow storm with @SydneyRonanx Xx. Oh, plus @Louis_Tomlinson, @zaynmalik, @NiallOfficial and  @Real_Liam_Payne… forgot about you guys.”

Harry awaited the more than priceless reactions of the boys, as he sent the tweet deviously. All the boys’ stiff faces focused on the movie except for Louis, who picked up his frantically vibrating phone beside him. As he felt Harry’s patient stare burn into his head, he saw the hundreds of tweets already flooding in from fans. As Louis realized what these tweets were replying to, his mouth gaped wide open at Harry’s ballsy tweet. Harry remarked back with a simple smirk while the oblivious Sydney was too entranced in the Dark Knight to join in on this little squabble. It was Louis’s turn to smirk now, as he replied back with:

“@Louis_Tomlinson: @Harry_Styles @SydneyRonanx @zaynmalik @NiallOfficial @Real_Liam_Payne How about you pay attention to the movie instead of watching Sydney watch the movie? #creepy.”

Harry’s jaw stiffened as he read this, trying to find some impossible way to delete someone else’s tweets. He found none, as a plethora of tweets from One Direction accounts started applauding Louis.

“Hey!” Harry mouthed irritated-like to Louis, to which Louis winked before returning his gaze on the colorful fire bursting in this particular scene.

But even as he sat in his annoyance, he realized Louis was indeed right. The movie was not resonating in his sight; instead it was Sydney’s nose screwing up in evident confusion at one of the Joker’s cryptic lines, the pupils surrounding her blue pools maximizing from an explosion and the catching of breath in her throat when half of Harvey Dent’s face turned to ash. He even noticed how she subconsciously tucked her long dark strands behind her ear, as if she wanted to ingest the movie more by the sense of hearing.

"Damn it."

It was a cold, winter night in London, the snow falling harshly against the window panes, having accumulated sixteen inches in one day. With this weather, the boy’s publicity plans for the day had been rescheduled and they instead enjoyed the calm nirvana displaced between one another for once. Of course, Sydney had joined in, or rather been pleaded by the boys to come, even though she originally had plans with John for the night.

Her and John. Her and her impromptu date for the Debutante Ball a little over a month ago had become closer and closer as the ball was pushed farther and farther back into the calendar. Within an hour into their first date at a little Italian café tucked into the bustling London streets called Bella Note, she had found him extremely witty, kind, gentlemanly, and not to mention unquantifiablely sexy. Apparently he was fond of her as well, for he had called later that night to make plans for next Saturday night, and the Saturday night after that.

She was finally happy, content. Sure, she hadn’t been a sad lump all her life. Sydney was actually an optimistic person, despite the horrifying story book that had been the last four years. But her happiness wasn’t just a temporary moment, a kite that you desperately tried to hold again as it flew pass you; it was the second aspect of her life to have finally become permanent, the first one being her friendship with Harry.

Her phone vibrated beside her, pulling her trance out of Batman and Joker and into the Twitter notification blinking onto her screen. It was a tweet from Louis she was tagged in but from the context of it, it was directed towards Harry, saying something along the lines of: