XVII. Perspective

A/N: Hellllooo everyone. This is more of an information, filler chapter but it is very, ULTRA important for the rest of the story. I bid you a happy update Thursday :) xx

August 7th, 2012

3:07 A.M

“America’s going to be fun, you know,” Harry spoke to Sydney reassuringly, their fingers fumbling until they eventually found one another under the London moonlight in the pitch black bedroom. 

Along with their hands, their legs intertwined with one another as Sydney bowed her head against Harry’s prominent Adam’s apple, hearing the rhythm of his irregular heartbeat beat against his throat. It was early on a sweltering, summer morning and in a mere five hours him, Sydney and the boys would be up in the air and on their way to the land of the free for a fifty-two date tour. Despite being extraordinarily exhausted, Harry kept whispering soothing words into his best friend’s hair and tenderly kissed it whenever he felt her shake with anxiety beneath him.

To Harry, the land of the free should be renamed to the land of escape, for that’s what he solely wanted her to do; escape from her fears, escape from her irrational and volatile thoughts that she had here in London, escape from him.

“I’ll make you feel so safe, Syd,” he murmured again, gently moving her body so her neck would face his lips, to which he peppered and glossed continuous kisses against it.

He could feel her breath even and her anxiety halt every moment he placed his lips against her hot skin, so he continued doing so. Anything he could do to make her feel security, comfort or any speck of love would be a vital and relatively easy task for him to ponder: It was the actuality of making believe feel the love he held for her that was a challenge.

“So safe… I’ll keep you so safe…”

As his affection was made obvious at every kiss he placed and whisper he spoke, Sydney nimbly laid on the bed, combing her fingers through his comforting ones. She twisted and played with every limb on his hand as she blinked her eyes rapidly in effort to exhaust herself further. She was widely and brightly awake, despite Harry’s sleep laced words and the three red digits flashing from the clock beside her and projecting onto her face. And despite his soothing reassurances and applied comprehension, Harry could not possibly know that he would be able to keep her safe.

It wasn’t his ability to protect her from the outside world that she doubted. He had indirectly saved and provided her ample sanctuary from many aspects of society’s downfalls. As warm tears filled her numb eyes and dripped onto their tangled fingers as Harry kissed her skin longer and softer, she thought of something she never had contemplated before.

He could protect her from everything and anyone on this planet earth, besides her wretched mind and her tragic self.

August 7th, 2012

7:30 A.M, PST

“Sydney?”

Sydney snapped her head towards the outlet of the husky voice, which she should’ve known would be the concerned face of Harry with the indifferent air hostess behind him. A bottle of champagne was gripped between her magenta acrylics, each one loosening as she gripped the green bottle tight between them.

“No champagne, thank you,” she nodded at the girl with a slight smile, to which she just scoffed mutely and strutted behind the air kitchen curtains.

“No champagne? That doesn’t sound like the Sydney I know,” Louis yelped from the back of the jet with his ear buds blasting The Fray dangling out of his ears.

A Shot of Reality [Harry Styles]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara