VII. Antiquity

A/N- Hello guys! So as you can see, I updated a day early because I was feeling nice and all that jazz. This chapter is just kind of a filler, it's a flashback into Harry and Sydney's first real fight which will be shown in chapter 8. Hope you all like it! x

OH, and the sidebar manip is NOT MINE. I REPEAT, NOT MINE.

December 23rd, 2011

Holmes Chapel, England

It was a winter night in the quaint town of Holmes Chapel. Snow was falling delicately on rooftops, kids squealed with glee as Christmas break ensued and blissful adults knocked on doors singing the usual tune of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire." It was tranquil and peaceful, just like an old Christmas classic you watch drinking your seasonal hot cocoa and eggnog while curling up wearing warm stockings.

A mere two miles away, that blissful silence was interrupted. Loud rap music repeated, drunken teenagers yelled and hollered and the bass pounded on the paper thin walls of the frat house. It was Kappa Beta Omega's annual self-proclaimed "Christmas banger" where the eggnog was replaced with bourbon, comfy pajamas were substituted for nudity and the holiday classic was a stoner comedy. It was belligerent, blatant, rambunctious and crude.

So why out of all people, was Sydney there?

"What do you call yourself?" The man asked as he lowered his hands to her butt.

He had dark hair that was half slicked back, half tousled, verdigris eyes and olive embellished skin that graced his impressive physique poking out of his gray t-shirt. He was undoubtedly sexy.

But he didn't have curly brown hair, cheeky dimples, and eyes of the Mediterranean or well-defined abs gracing his beige skin.

"Sydney," she giggled as she placed another hickey on his neck. "And yourself?"

"It's not important," he replied huskily, but not naturally. "Just take these."

Sticking out his tongue to reveal four purple pills and two capsules filed with a blue powder, she stared at him doe eyed hesitantly. Before she could deny it, he reassured her.

"It will make you feel better."

Leaning upon the tips of her toes, she laced her tongue with his and swallowed the pills, feeling the lump of the medication sliding down her throat.

This was completely out of her character, for she was the type of girls that would rather read James Madison's Federalist Papers and drink lukewarm coffee than mingling with frat guys and soaking her vodka induced tongue with their equally alcoholic ones. Despise the lip-biting smiles and hickeys she left on the frat brothers necks, she was lonely.

Harry had left for London five days prior, to do publicity for the boy's first studio album. Even though they had talked whenever they could while he was gone, it wasn't the same. Harry wasn't her goofy, caring best friend any more than only she could cherish. Now, millions of girls would practically give up their virginities just for two minutes with him. Her best friend was not only famous, he was astronomically famous.

Besides this, he had still recited to her his classic brotherly rant last night on their daily phone calls.

"Don't do anything stupid Sydney, at least not while I'm thousands of miles away."

"And by stupid you mean don't have any sort of fun?"

"If the fun you are referring to are drugs and alcohol, then 100% yes."