XXVIII. Instinct

A/N: Good evening my lovely readers! This chapter is dedicated to VanjaStyles, who is not only a consistently great fan but an amazing person who made me the wonderful banner on the side. 

Furthermore; only three to four more chapters till ASOR is done and completed, so go ahead; enjoy it! Xx

"If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhileness’s I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough."

-Audrey Hepburn

The night of both the first New York City gig and last date of the tour was one of certain prominence for Harry. After enduring the applause and scream filled atmosphere inside Radio City Music Hall, the rest of the boys retreated as usual to the tour bus en route to the safe comfort of their hotel. He didn't blame them though; although the show was extraordinarily fun and spectacular, it did knock the literal wind out of each and every boy from their show time high. If they wanted to go back to their temporary home and sleep, that was fine by Harry's standards; it gave him more time to spend with his best friend or now more appropriately, girlfriend.

The new couple stayed back at the auditorium long after the audience had left and until they were the only people there besides Stanley, the elderly janitor. The floor of the concert hall was ridden with multicolored confetti, spilled soda and tattered posters but that didn't stop Harry from whisking out of his spot on the stage and towards the seat and arms of Sydney.

As he lifted the girl that he stared at all night into the air and spun her around, she laughed at his over-chivalrous actions but also participated in them as she let her lips become swollen against his own.

"Hi," he mumbled against the chapped and glossed ridges of her lips, sinking his nose against the side of her own.

She giggled like the school girl she was ten years prior, who found sanctuary in the green-eyed boy with a chocolate milk stained mouth. Although this time, the only thing staining his mouth was the imprint of her own.

"Hello there, pop star," she teased, to which he only desired to kiss her throughout her entire face.

"You did amazing, you know that?"

She felt a raspy chuckle resonate against her inner cheek, a chuckle that sounded like one of his natural humble and modest nature. The warm and now familiar feeling of his mouth roaming onto hers and beyond silenced her only to the degree of her not blurting one word while she slipped her hands ever so slightly up his t-shirt.

"You are amazing," he said, repeating her words to shape his own thoughts as he grasped her wandering wrists.

"Now, did you know that?"

Her teal eyes blinked up at him in confusion, for he had willingly refused the action of her touching his chest. It was strange for him as well; he normally would've gladly welcomed her fingers and other parts of her body to touch his own. More than that though, he wanted; no, ached, for her to even grasp a single concept of her stunning perseverance, incalculable wit and heart that bled and beat only for everyone else's.

Her look of confusion molded into one of gratitude as her smile stretched to its very edges in contrast to her teary, blue eyes. Instantly, her arms found their way around his lean torso as she pressed her ear against his heart. For the first time, she heard the rhythm and sound of a heart that lived only for her. Although, Harry became dumbfounded and relieved once again at the simple action of her body pressing into his own and their arms crossing and intertwining with one another's.