what could have been

play when I was your man-bruno mars

NATE'S POV

sometimes they say,you can never ever forget certain people that come into your life,I was starting to see truth in that,its been 7years,we've grown and all graduated,yes I was successful in my engineering career but not once do I not miss Nora,initially after we made up and went to our different universities and relationships,I tried my best to pretend I didn't still have feelings for her,I had to for my ego and for the sake of my relationship.

Ada was a sweet girl,our relationship was cool,easy,but she wasn't nora,I fantasize about what was and what could have been alot,I wish I had been more considerate,yes she went over to that idiot's house after the said she'd stay away,but ese explained everything and I can't help but blame myself,before coming home for the holidays, ese did tell me she was dating that fucktard.

I'd prayed she was okay,the more time passed the more I couldn't call her,seeing her home without a belly bump or anything surprised me,she explained everything at ese's house,and my heart broke even more,but that's life,I really wished I'd done alot of things differently.

Back in school nora and I keep in touch,but not always,she didn't even tell me she broke up with that fucktard,I had to hear from ese,I don't confront her about it,since she has choosed to ignore the topic,I will too,but I was very sure that fool had hurt her.
we meet up alot for holidays,but that's the only time we got to see each other,sometimes we didn't even make it home for holidays,the last time I saw her was on my graduation,six years ago,she had graduated a year before,her course was a 4 year course,and even then my feelings for her hadn't changed,Ada and I broke up in our fourth year,I really wished nora and I hadn't ended things.

We talk less and less until we finally stop talking,we were all so busy with our lives.Unlike the both of us,ese and edos continue to grow together,I was happy for them,but it hurts to think about how much I'd have grown with nora too.

memories most times flood my head.

feel that? feel what you do to me

just thinking about licking the salt water from your body,every Part of you

I love you nora

bet you've never seen a girl this beautiful

none as beautiful as you

her moans

I'll come visit,we'll be fine okay

They hurt to remember,but I can't help it,I smile when I remember how we bicker,tease teach other,I really do miss her.

I currently work as a mechanical engineer in port Harcourt,since Ada,It has been meaningless flings upon meaningless flings,no one of these girls was nora,and I'd never be able to love them the way I love her,it was pointless really.

I just hoped nora was happy wherever she was,she deserved it,I heard that she was working in a Canned food company in Lagos extremely proud of her

Edos,ese and I still kept in touch,it was no surprise to me when I saw a video of edosa proposing to ese,I had mixed feelings,happy for my gees but I wished nora and I made it this far,I told the newly engaged couple I wasn't going to make it to their wedding,nora was going to be there for sure and I didn't know how it was going to be like,it hurts but I might just sit this one out.

How I got to Ekpoma after convincing myself that I didn't want to see her was beyond me,I stayed cooped up in my hostel,over thinking,what if she was already committed? I didn't want to make her sad after all this time,maybe it was finally time to let go.

🌹🌹🌹🌹
Feeling extra cheerful,and in the spirit of new year,here's another POV switch,this time we get to catch up on Nate and how he's doing
Omo so much time has passed,my babies are now grown up,I'm so proud.
Do you think Nate should have done things differently?
Do you blame him for the way things panned out?
Tap the small orange star,I'd be very very grateful.

Doreen❤